Macros?

Options
andrea41876
andrea41876 Posts: 11 Member
Sorry if this is a duplicate.

MFP set up my macros based on calories. Do I leave them as they are or adjust? Or should I just worry about my calories?

Replies

• very_berry_pop
    very_berry_pop Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Depends on your preferred diet type you can adjust them or leave them as they are. You can read about body types and what macros ratio will be best for you :smile: here's link http://www.crossfitsanitas.com/best-macronutrient-ratio/

I'm on 40% carbs, 30% proteins and 30% fat.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Calories are what matters for weight loss. Once you have your logging down, you can play with the macro percentages to see what works best for you.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about macros. It's good information to have if you're a bodybuilder or if you have a medical condition, but for most of us, just eat healthy meals, and you'll be okay. I've started tracking my sugars, because of a health condition, but that's all I care about and the only set of macros I'm keeping track of on my food page. (You can adjust your nutrients tracked on your Settings page to display what nutrients you want to track or nothing but calories, if that's what you want to do.)
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Calories are what matters for weight loss. Once you have your logging down, you can play with the macro percentages to see what works best for you.

this