122 pounds lost using myfitnesspal

Options
NiiqueK
NiiqueK Posts: 15 Member
edited April 2018 in Success Stories
Hi my name is Dominique, I’m 23 years old. I just would like to share my weight loss story.
I have always been heavy my whole life, I was teased through high school and I didn’t have the best self esteem. I decided to make a New Years resolution in 2014 to lose weight and be healthier I did that for 4 months or so and quit. I didn’t know where to actually start. I ended up getting a new job and my boss was hosting a challenge for her birthday. She wanted to lose 30 pounds before her 30th birthday. I was asked to join, I had given up before so I didn’t really want to. I stepped on the scale and it read 297 pounds. I was shocked and embarrassed! So I signed up for the challenge. I went full force they told me about myfitnesspal and I tracked all of my food. I ended up losing 31 pounds and won the challenge. I seen the results and I wanted more!! So I went to my local gym and signed up for a personal trainer. I trained with him once a week and was required to do 3 extra days alone by myself. I had a goal to lose 100 pounds in that year I did it!!! So all in all I lost 122 pounds and I’m so happy about my results so far. I have kept the weight off for almost a year now. I’m now focused on keeping the weight off and getting my NASM certification as a personal trainer. My advice to anyone who wants to do this is never give up keep pushing. o3m1q81vpy8t.jpeg
irh52friz2o0.jpeg

[edited by mods]

Replies

• Orangecandlesky
    Orangecandlesky Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow! Holy Crap! Congratulations! I bet it feels good. Celebrate and rejoice! :)<3
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's amazing! Great job!!
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Beautiful before and after.....incredibly hard work paying off! inspirational! I am always sooooo happy when young folks take control of their health so you can go forth and rock that health for mannnnnnnnyyyyyyy years after! Enjoy every second!
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how long are you gym sessions and what kind of regimen do you use? Lifting? Cardio?
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Wow! MFP rockstar! <3
  • MyEvolvingJourney
    MyEvolvingJourney Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    That's so cool! And so inspiring! <3
  • NiiqueK
    Options
    Wow! Holy Crap! Congratulations! I bet it feels good. It does feel amazing, I never thought I’d be this size or weight in my life ☺️
  • NiiqueK
    Options
    You look amazing! If you don't mind me asking, how long are you gym sessions and what kind of regimen do you use? Lifting? Cardio?
    Right now I workout alone I’m usually there about an hour. I am doing both, the cardio I use so that I can continue to lose body fat that’s my main focus. Lifting I’m doing to tone and build more muscle mass. So I workout either 4 or 5 days a week, 2 days are dedicated to cardio.
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    What a great success story! I'm very happy for you, congratulations!! <3
  • diggswood
    diggswood Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment! You look strong and fit!
  • soufauxgirl
    soufauxgirl Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    WOW fantastic results well done!
  • carlosmitchell16
    carlosmitchell16 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great work, baby girl.
  • snowyne
    snowyne Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! You are such an inspiration!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Wow! Fantastic job! You have amazingly sculpted arms. You can see all your hard work.
  • mjolnir81
    mjolnir81 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal!! Wow, what an amazing transformation.
  • smudge521
    smudge521 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful before and after! What an accomplishment!!! You must be so proud!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Go you!
  • Smokenmirrors
    Smokenmirrors Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration. The fact that you want to help others makes you a Hero...
    Well Done!!
  • NextPage
    NextPage Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work and love your last outfit. You look straight out of Women's Fitness magazine.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!