Looking for Friends!

Options
Hello!
I'm Kye and I'm new to MFP. I'm looking for a few friends on here to help keep me on track!
A little about me, I'm looking to lose about 75 pounds overall to get into a healthier weight range. Over the last two years I have put on about 50 pounds due to getting a desk jobs that sits me in front of a computer for 10 hours a day, and using food as a coping mechanism to deal with my depression. It's sucked and I'm now trying to get my life back on track.
A few more things is that I'm getting married in a year and a half and my fiance is super supportive and I love him to death, but he's not the best weight loss buddy. We both lose weight differently and we have found what works for him doesn't work for me, and only having him as a reference is a little disheartening when he can just cut out soda and lose 15 pounds in a month while I don't lose anything.

So, if you want a friend or buddy or someone to stalk, let me know, I'd love to meet a few people and find a way to keep myself motivated!

Replies

• Skworon
    Skworon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    you can add me
  • novacathi
    novacathi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey Kye. Nice to meet you. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I totally understand what you are going through - especially about losing weight in a different way than your partner. I would say the biggest thing you can do for yourself is to try to remain positive about the journey...even when you gain. How often do you plan on weighing yourself? If you do it very often, you are sure to see gains. There is a see-saw affect. Once a week, same day same time usually works best. Remember it's going to be up and down, with a trend downward, over time. It didn't take much to put it on, but it sure takes a lot to take it off! Let me know how I can be of assistance to you. Take care. Cathi
  • jandemom82
    jandemom82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me, I need a weight loss friend or too.
  • gudlaugsteinarsdottir
    Options
    You are welcome to add me ☺
  • jodylynn0719
    jodylynn0719 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can add me and I am needing to lose 120 pounds after 2 pretty much back to back pregnancy!!!
    Anyone can add me
  • jgolden3
    jgolden3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Add me!