50+ Friends

Hi All,

I have a wonderful new support team on here! The weightloss challenges facing a 50+ year old are a bit more complex and I could use some peers on the site. I've completing devastated my metabolism over the years with yo yo dieting/exercising and that along with the dreaded age thing have made this journey really hard. If anyone's in the same boat, send a friend request.

Thanks and remember YOU are worth it AND YOU can Do it!!!!!!

Replies

• LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Having a Group like that would be a great encouragement to those who have been told that "You can't lose weight after 50" or "You'll never keep the weight off, it is just too hard at your age."
    Good Luck!! (imagine a Flower here, since the Smileys aren't working :-D)
  • slbober
    slbober Posts: 5
    Loved your post. It does get harder as we get older. I'm 52, and have fibro. so put on alot of weight, actually went from 122 to 152 in short period of time. Since nov.2010 i have lost 26lbs. It is hard to get back in shape. It is a daily process and I try to take 1 day a week off. Just continue to eat healthy and exercise, and if you do put a lb or so back on don't panic. Just get back on track. Keep up the good work.. Because this is a job at times. :)