Battling weight my whole life.

Options
Hello everyone, anyone. I am just getting started with this app and seem to like it so far. Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Of course, like anyone else I want to look better and feel better about myself when I look in the mirror but my main reason for trying to lose weight YET AGAIN, is my health. I am 44, I have a young daughter that I had late in life (unexpected) and I want to be healthy, full of energy and most important, I want to be around for her as long as I can be. I have type 2 diabetes, PCOS, high blood pressure, high triglycerides and am morbidly obese. Here is to this app helping me change my ways!!

Replies

• DifferentView
    DifferentView Posts: 17,416 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • fortuncai
    fortuncai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on wanting to become a better you! That first step is always the hardest. Feel free to add me if you're looking for motivation or support. :)
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    The first step is always the hardest but if being healthy and fit was easy everyone would be. Just really start out slow and easy and focus on small goals to get yourself started. Try to think of it more as a lifestyle change than a diet because diets only give you short term results. You will have to find a workout routine and eating habits that fit into your lifestyle and schedule so try lots of things and find what works for you. There is no one size fits all fitness program or nutrition plan so don't be afraid to try them all. My suggestion is get your family involved because it is easier to stay focused when your family is involved. Get outside the world is your gym and you can always change the scenery. Hiking, bike riding, kayaking, swimming, whatever keeps you motivated. Best of luck on your journey!! Feel free to add me if you like. I have a open diary, post healthy recipes, crazy workouts and my family on the farm and adventures.
  • JenniferLove4
    JenniferLove4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Best of luck to you!
  • andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I'm 48 so similar in age. Feel free to add me as a friend and let's see what we can do.