My New Food Addiction

trac30
trac30 Posts: 52 Member
Ok so you guys got me hooked on GREEK YOGURT. I love it. Could eat it several times a day. I was just wondering how much is too much? Should I limit my intake to one container a day? I am buying the low fat or 0% ones.

Replies

• sarad777
    sarad777 Posts: 210 Member
    I'm afraid to try it for fear I start eating it all day!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    I would say as long as it isn't replacing veggies and fruit and you're staying in the calorie goal go for it lol
  • Gorger
    Gorger Posts: 100 Member
    I put a dab of it on my fruit. (I get frozen raspberries and put a little sugar with them, then put a few tbsp of the greek yougert on top.) It stretches it out and fruit has very little calories. It's what you eat, not how much you eat.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Ok so you guys got me hooked on GREEK YOGURT. I love it. Could eat it several times a day. I was just wondering how much is too much? Should I limit my intake to one container a day? I am buying the low fat or 0% ones.

It would probably be too much when you are over calories, or skimping on other nutrients because your are using too many calories for the yogurt. Ideally you should eat a variety of foods to get a proper balance of fat, protein, carbs, fiber and nutrients.
  • rwuchic
    rwuchic Posts: 20 Member
    I don't think it needs to be limited unless you go crazy. It's only got 20% of your daily calcium so you need to get the rest of your calcium from somewhere.
  • maleva720
    maleva720 Posts: 165 Member
    I love it too but the sugar and protein are kind of high so keep track of that...
  • ibbray04
    ibbray04 Posts: 227 Member
    I would just watch the sugar/carbs. I love it also. I buy the plain, fat free and have it every morning with a dab of honey and vanilla extracts and chia seed. I also use it instead of sour cream pretty much in all my recipes.
  • trac30
    trac30 Posts: 52 Member
    Ok Im going to try the plain and add my own sweeners/fruit so I can control it better.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    I love Greek yogurt. I get the plain & usually add honey or fresh fruit. I added black raspberry preserves once when I was out of honey, it was pretty good. But as long as you are getting the plain kind I don't think it matter too much unless you are concerned with protein intake.