Lose weigh and gain muscle

Options
Tjs8819
Tjs8819 Posts: 33 Member
edited April 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
My goal is to lose about 30 lbs. however, I also want to build my glutes. How do I accomplish both when I need to eat at deficit for fat loss but eat at a surplus for muscle gain. Do I focus on losing weight first? Help!

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    What's your current height and weight?
  • Tjs8819
    Tjs8819 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’5 175lbs

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Best thing to do right now is eat in a deficit to lose, get adequate protein (about 0.8-1g per lb goal weight) and follow a lifting program with focus on the glutes to preserve as much muscle as you can. Will you build a bit, maybe, maybe not. But you can definitely improve the look of them.
    Then when you get closer to goal you can think about recomping (maintaining your weight and working on body composition) or bulking (gaining weight to build muscle) to grow them.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight, build strength, and improve your looks at the same time. Unlikely to add new mass to your glutes while eating in a deficit, but you can still makes lots of progress overall. Don't neglect the strength training.
  • adnan3586
    adnan3586 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I want to get rid of my abdominal fats without lose my proteins even though I have a 22 BMI and I have been on diet for 6 weeks but I lost 9kgs during that period
    I have cut off carbohydrates but I don’t want to lose my muscles even though I still carry the same weights and my ability didn’t change
    I want to build my abdominal muscles and get rid of fats especially the abdominal ones
    What shall I do??