Looking for a good tech device

Options
fortuncai
fortuncai Posts: 7 Member
After being out of the running game for a few years now, I'm looking for a good tech device that will work with the UA apps so that I don't need to lug my phone with me on my runs/walks. Any suggestion is appreciated. ;)

Replies

• leebrayshaw
    leebrayshaw Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Samsung Gear Fit products work well with UA apps. I started using one a couple of weeks ago and find it really useful. HR measurement is questionable sometimes, but it's got built in GPS and can store music (Bluetooth headphones needed for that). Using it with the Endomondo app is ace!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,070 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I am a huge fan of my Garmin Vivoactive HR, the accuracy has been brilliant, I ate back 100% of my exercise calories from running and walking and continued to lose at my intended rate. It is waterproof and also has the GPS built into it, so you don't need to connect to bluetooth to get route data and drain a phone battery.

Customer services are fantastic and when I had an issue with my original device after an update it was replaced straight away. Had the replacement for 6 months now without any recurring issues.

Garmin seem to have very few syncing issues with MFP compared to Apple Health & Samsung devices which seem to constantly have issues communicating with MFP servers. The Garmin App is good for analysing data.
  • fortuncai
    fortuncai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I'll definitely look into those!
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to lug your phone on runs, but want music, the Garmin 635 will play music to bluetooth headphones. Will sync fine to MFP.

I use a Fenix 3HR and like it. Does all I need and more and was $440CDN (less now) at Costco. But it is a big watch.
  • lennyspruce
    lennyspruce Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm using the Garmin Forerunner 35, which is waterproof and has built-in GPS and HR monitor like the Vivoactive HR. I liked the style and longer battery life of the Forerunner better but seriously considered the Vivoactive, and several other devices in similar price range. I did a lot of comparison of user reviews and have been happy with my choice. I bought refurbished.
  • KristaKissinger
    KristaKissinger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    my fitbit ionic does music & GPS