I gave in to cravings today....

Options
I’m so pissed at myself today. I have a chocolate milkshake and like 10 chocolate chip cookies

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Don't be mad. It is important to give yourself a break when something like this happens. Besides it could have been worse, you could have eaten 11 cookies...

But seriously nothing bad is going to happen as long as you don't let this insignificant detour turn into a major deviation. You may also want to put a plan in place for allowing craved food like this because, I find, if I plan I have better control, if I don't and I go a little nuts I overdo it.
  • sgm1168
    sgm1168 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    It is terrible isn't it. Hormones are so tough. You have tried so hard. Your metabolism has slowed. The good news is you can boost your metabolism at any age (I am much older than you) so you can eat your couple of cookies a month with no problem. But it is such a stressful process, isn't it?

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    JuliaJWOWW wrote: »
    The thing with me though is that I will eat an Oreo and gain like 10 lbs. my metabolism is so slow and I just don’t lose weight easily. I’ve tried weight watchers and gym classes and pills and nothing has worked

You can't even gain a pound from the food you ate today. It is just not possible. You may see fluctuations (especially before your time) from water retention but not from food.

If you are not losing you may need to cut back a little more. It could be as simple as not giving yourself enough margin of error when logging. I assure you of one thing. You are not immune to weight loss. It is scientifically impossible. Your body cannot, for instance, convert air into energy so if you eat less than you need that energy has to come from somewhere and that is what fat is for.

• CulleyWulley
    CulleyWulley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, you are not alone! Snacking was my worst enemy. I was terrible at snacking whenever I got bored. It’s the reason why I gained 50 pounds in 2017. But by tracking what I eat, and working out with Insanity Max 30, I’ve dropped weight and been more disciplined with snacking! Don’t give up hope, you got this!
  • MetabolicAddict
    MetabolicAddict Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm hearing you...The hormone Insulin is the killer. I am a sugar addict, and find it tough. If there was a way to switch off the Insulin hormone it would be so easy. Maybe cook/make sweet food that does not trigger a high insulin response, mabe eat 90% dark chocolate?
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I am craving sugar (and I am ahuge sugar addict) that I am short on veggies. I gobbled down the veggies today and No sugar cravings at all. and I was 400 calories lower than my goal.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I have a saying that helps me - If it fits within my calories I am good!
    That being said, don't beat yourself up over this, happens to each of us.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Every morning, we all get a brand new opportunity to do better than the day before.

Log what you ate honestly, learn from it, and move on.