Back at it again

Options
Hi to anyone who is reading. Today is my first day on the Atkins diet and my first day with absolutely no sugar. (I love chocolate, and sweets... Lol)
A 6 months ago I had half my thyroid removed and since then I keep putting on weight. I generally eat healthy (minus my daily piece of chocolate and sugar in coffee) I also workout 3-4 a week. This has been a constant for me for the past 5 yrs, when I lost around 40 pounds. I'm now almost back to the weight I was the first time around and nothing I have been doing seems to help. I've done a lot of research and lowering carb intake seems to help post thyroid surgery. I am not on any thyroid supplements and my levels according to the doctor are fine.
I'm not here looking for people to judge the diet I am choosing to do, just looking for someone to support me on my journey. I feel like the second go around for is going to be harder then first.

Thanks for taking the time to read... And good luck on your weight loss goals!!!

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Good luck Crystal. I love chocolate and sugar too. I always go through feelings of withdrawal when I give it up so today is probably tough for you but the cravings will subside.
  • sloshmog
    sloshmog Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you, Crystal. I am also back on a diet, and hoping to lose about 30 pounds.
  • crystalannp1981
    crystalannp1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you, and good luck to you as well...
  • crystalannp1981
    crystalannp1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you bisky, yesterday was defenilty a hard day... Especially when there everyone at my office has chocolate hiding in their desks... Lol and yes the cravings are the worst!!!
  • PhoenixWithoutAshes1
    PhoenixWithoutAshes1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • times60
    times60 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Good luck Crystal. Please add me as a friend. I have joined to loose 100lbs and am a very slow in loosing.
  • Imdoingthis777
    Imdoingthis777 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi crystal! I'm doing Atkins induction. I lost a lot of weight years ago but due to meds and some other things gained some weight back. I'm a fitness teacher. Stay strong! My first time doing a real Atkins induction. I've dabbled in keto but didn't follow proper protocol, as long as I stayer under 50 , is what I did and wrong. So I'm doing induction and only following the food list. I wish you much success.