feeling ashamed

Options
:mad: hello its me im back .i am totally ashamed of myself i worked so hard in january and lost 7 pounds ,the last 2 weeks i dont kno what happenened but i have been eating non STOP.its makin me crazy.i als o have put back 5 pounds and so that one hurts.anyway i am here to try againplease dont write me off yet thanks for ur:blushing: patience..........

Replies

• Starrotts
    Options
    :mad: hello its me im back .i am totally ashamed of myself i worked so hard in january and lost 7 pounds ,the last 2 weeks i dont kno what happenened but i have been eating non STOP.its makin me crazy.i als o have put back 5 pounds and so that one hurts.anyway i am here to try againplease dont write me off yet thanks for ur:blushing: patience..........
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! You can do it!! :bigsmile:
  • awestfall
    awestfall Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    No one is going to write you off.I have had moments like you too where I feel so discouraged that I just want to give up.This is not an easy task and you have to commit to it for life.Sure its going to take you longer than a month to adjust to new eating and exercising habits that your body isn''t used too but you will get there.DON"T GIVE UP your worth this.Just because you made a few bad choices doesn't mean you messed up your entire weight loss program.Tomorrow is a new day start fresh and make healthier choices.
  • Hanna1983
    Options
    Hey Starrots,

I lost 5lbs before xmas and then with family visiting put 5 lbs back on!
    I didnt give up and am down 3lbs again after a slow start in January not not enough dedication.

Dont give up! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • Tailea
    Tailea Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You're not alone, and you CAN get back on track and lose the weight again (plus more)! I lost 10lbs from Jan 1st to Feb 1st, but got totally off track and weighed myself this morning...it's not fun to see 7lbs slapped back on. :(

Don't worry, you'll lose it!
  • WShope
    WShope Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Just like someone else said. No one is writing you off. I didn't lose any weight this week either. i stayed even. But I really think that the reason the scale isn't moving with me is because of the muscle I feel like I'm putting on. I'm being really strict with myself until I go to Vegas in 5 weeks. My trainer and I are going to do some circuit traning starting next week. so i'm really looking forward to what he has in store for me. I'll let you know how it goes.
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP! Just think, if you hop back on the wagon now, you'll be back on track instead of going the other way. It's ALWAYS better to start trying again than to completely give up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • jamison
    Options
    def dont give up! i was doing much better a couple of weeks ago but then i got into the same mode...i honestly think a lot of it is the weather and i am a firm believer that the colder it is the more comfort foods we want...we all slip up, all you can do now is look forward and ahead :) good luck!!!!!! you CAN do it!:flowerforyou:
  • Starrotts
    Options
    :smile: thanks everyone for ur support it means so much..........:blushing:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Star, I have been on this site for 1 year and have not given up. I am a slow learner. :laugh: :laugh:

I am at least 20lbs thinner then I was last year and very happy.

I am not changing my ticker until tomorrow.

DON'T GIVE UP.

Kathy

l_5b34d34b8eb84e49a4fae1f7649cd76c.jpg

b4 this site I was constantly on a roller coaster. NOT ANY MORE!!!

44118.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Stop, take a deep breath and start again. This could be part of the cycle. Self sabotaging behavior many times is so that you can feel ashamed because this may have been comfortable for you in the past. It is a little scary to feel good all of the time or at least most of the time. Let go of the past, let go of last week. let go of 5 minutes ago!
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up. Stop, take a deep breath and start again. This could be part of the cycle. Self sabotaging behavior many times is so that you can feel ashamed because this may have been comfortable for you in the past. It is a little scary to feel good all of the time or at least most of the time. Let go of the past, let go of last week. let go of 5 minutes ago!

So true!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

Im a firm believer of writing your goals on paper and keeping them updated and always add new ideas. This has helped to keep me on track remember its a lifestyle change so its a big adjusment to turn away the foods and bad habits we are so used to....The only reason to be ashamed would be if you werent still aware or caring about your health ..but it seems your still sticking with it and trying ..so dont be ashamed...failing or not meeting goals is not a reason to be ashamed....not trying at all is the reason.....the fact that your still here proves your still trying:flowerforyou:
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Starrrots, we've all had those days. Be gentle with yourself. You're not alone. We're all learning to do our best. Keep going no matter what. Good for you to reach out for help:happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Starrotts
    Options
    :smile: thanks everyone for ur kind words im BACK.....lol.........:heart: