Someone please help me. Im desperate.

Options
Ok i weighed 175 and 5ft3in. I was already overweight. Then I got pregnant and gained 60lbs. I had my baby feb3rd. All of the weight came off pretty easy with minimal effort until I got in the 180lb range. The scale wasn't moving. I tried certain diets such as the boiled egg diet but I'm sure my body was in starvation mode bc I was only eating about 600 calories a day. I only did that for a week bc the scale still wasn't budging. So now my calorie intake is about 1200 a day and I've started working out. Depending on schedule I work out 4 or 5days a week with cardio burning btwn 350 to 450 calories. I've also started Doing squats and planks nd other exercises. But the scale hasn't moved. The last few wks I've stayed btwn 182 nd 184. My goal is 155lbs eventually..but I can't budge on the scale. Someone help me!

Replies

• ericajgomez7852
    ericajgomez7852 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just frustrated from being in this plateau for a few wks now especially since the weight was coming right off. I have literally logged everything I ate. Also I am not breast feeding. Also when I burn calories from working out.. Do I eat those back? Bc I haven't .I'll ear about 1200 a day nd burn like 400 nd that's it. I guess I feel like I'm actually trying and nothing is working. I just hate feeling gross when I look in the mirror
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I guess I'm just frustrated from being in this plateau for a few wks now especially since the weight was coming right off. I have literally logged everything I ate. Also I am not breast feeding. Also when I burn calories from working out.. Do I eat those back? Bc I haven't .I'll ear about 1200 a day nd burn like 400 nd that's it. I guess I feel like I'm actually trying and nothing is working. I just hate feeling gross when I look in the mirror

How long has it been since you've lost weight?
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    The weight that you lost in the beginning was extra fluid throughout your whole body as well as amniotic fluid, a lot of blood since you increased your blood volume by 50% during pregnancy, plus the weight of your baby and placenta. If you were breastfeeding at all during that time, you probably also lost some fat stores. That's why there's a huge whoosh after pregnancy. Still, 50 pounds is A LOT to lose immediately after having a baby. Don't expect that rate of loss to continue. You're setting yourself up for serious disappointment if you do.

Set yourself a modest deficit of one pound a week, log your exercise and eat back some of your workout calories, and use a food scale if you find you need more accuracy with logging. You didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. It's going to take time, and if you give it time, you increase the likelihood of changing the habits that got you here and keeping the weight off for good. You'll also prevent yourself from crashing and burning while caring for an infant. Change your expectations.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    You just started a new exercise routine? The scale tends to stall for a week or two because our bodies flood sore muscles with extra fluid to help cushion and repair. That will clear out once you get used to the exercise. Stop changing your plan every couple of weeks. It's making it harder for you to see the losses buried underneath the scale weight fluctuations. Pick a plan and follow it consistently for 3-4 weeks before making changes again.
  • ericajgomez7852
    Options

How long has it been since you've lost weight?

It's been about 3weeks since the scale has moved!
  • ericajgomez7852
    Options
    The weight that you lost in the beginning was extra fluid throughout your whole body as well as amniotic fluid, a lot of blood since you increased your blood volume by 50% during pregnancy, plus the weight of your baby and placenta. If you were breastfeeding at all during that time, you probably also lost some fat stores. That's why there's a huge whoosh after pregnancy. Still, 50 pounds is A LOT to lose immediately after having a baby. Don't expect that rate of loss to continue. You're setting yourself up for serious disappointment if you do.

Set yourself a modest deficit of one pound a week, log your exercise and eat back some of your workout calories, and use a food scale if you find you need more accuracy with logging. You didn't put the weight on overnight and it's not going to come off overnight either. It's going to take time, and if you give it time, you increase the likelihood of changing the habits that got you here and keeping the weight off for good. You'll also prevent yourself from crashing and burning while caring for an infant. Change your expectations.

Thank you. I kno it hasn't been long since having him. I just need to really just take the pressure off myself. Thank you.
  • DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I kno it hasn't been long since having him. I just need to really just take the pressure off myself. Thank you.

It took me almost a full year to lose 55 pounds of baby weight. And I have more to lose on top of that. I stuck with my calorie goal, weighed and measured everything I ate, and I got there by giving it time. If you develop a sustainable plan and you stick with it (if you can't stick with it and continue to see results, something in that plan is not sustainable) you'll be in a better place in one year than if you keep bouncing from one frustrating thing to another that you ultimately can't stick with.