Heading to Peru and just don't want to die climbing Machu Pichu

Options
So I'm back at this weight loss thing. We're heading to Peru in November and I have GOT to loose some weight before we go!! Here's why...

1. I'm 100% not comfortable in my own skin. I want to just live life w/o fretting over whether or not my clothes will fit.
2. This trip will include some strenuous climbing and I wanna kill it!!
3. I just want to be healthy.
4. I'm sick of not recognizing myself in pictures, hating having them taken, and wanting to cry from seeing myself. There will be a LOT of pics taken on this trip.

So here I go...eating healthy and trying to be balanced so it can last a lifetime. I could use all the encouragement I can get!

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    How much walking are you doing now?
  • ironjay37
    ironjay37 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You can do this!
  • FeliciaFancy
    FeliciaFancy Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Wow! Sounds like an amazing experience which you don't want to ruin by doing something like dying half way up a mountain :)

You have a goal in mind so hopefully that will give you some motivation :)

Good luck and you've got this!
  • tweedabird
    tweedabird Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks.
  • cutiepants10
    cutiepants10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Girl, I’m in a similar boat. Going to Mexico in September and doing a 9 hour excursion! The description said “not reccommended for oversized people” and I will simply not let my fat get in the way of my experience! We can do this!
  • ocbutterfly8551
    ocbutterfly8551 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Will you be walking Machu Picchu or The mountain next to it, Huayna Picchu? Stair stepping and high altitude training is a good idea. I made it up the bigger mountain, but whoa, it was a struggle!
  • tweedabird
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Wow...I wrote a lot more than just “thanks” for my last response. What the heck?
  • tweedabird
    Options

Ah!!! It just did it again?? Where does all of my post go?
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    tweedabird wrote: »
    Wow...I wrote a lot more than just “thanks” for my last response. What the heck?

Did you use an emoji?
  • tweedabird
    Options
    Yeah I did.
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Yeah I did.
    Don’t. Lol
  • tweedabird
    Options
    Ok. I’ll give it a try.
    Since I’ve typed all this out twice now this is going to be more condensed. Essentially no, I’m not walking yet but that’s the goal. We’re taking the train up the mountain but have some hiking planned.

Where in Mexico are you headed? My husband is from there.

And lastly I’ve had a couple crappy days and just really need to get back on track.
  • tweedabird
    Options
    Yeah I did.
    Don’t. Lol
    You’re a genius.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Stepmill if you can get on one. Does wonders for fitness climbing.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • tweedabird
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Stepmill if you can get on one. Does wonders for fitness climbing.

No I have to figure out stuff to do at home. I have a Beachbody membership for the year though.
  • bduanemyfitness
    bduanemyfitness Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nobody wants to die climbing Machu Pichu!.

Make a plan (MFP helps with this a lot).
    Include lots of walking (up and down) in your plan. Yep, the stepmill is torture...but good.
    Work your plan

You can do this!
  • L1zardQueen
    Options
    Ok. I’ll give it a try.
    Since I’ve typed all this out twice now this is going to be more condensed. Essentially no, I’m not walking yet but that’s the goal. We’re taking the train up the mountain but have some hiking planned.

And lastly I’ve had a couple crappy days and just really need to get back on track.

Is this the train that takes you to the top and cuts out mostly the hard hike? Sounds like a good plan if it is.

I think your trip would be best enjoyed with the worry of your lacking capabilities. Let us know how it went when you get back. Don't forget the pics! I'm sure we would love to see them <3
  • tweedabird
    Options
    Ok. I’ll give it a try.

Is this the train that takes you to the top and cuts out mostly the hard hike? Sounds like a good plan if it is.

I think your trip would be best enjoyed with the worry of your lacking capabilities. Let us know how it went when you get back. Don't forget the pics! I'm sure we would love to see them <3

I think so. We’re going with friend that used to live there. And it’s not until November so I actually do have time to get my butt in gear! Lol I would love to share some pics. :) Very much hoping to be a healthier weight by then.