Weirdest food craving

Options
So, what has been your weirdest food craving?

I am having a super weird and intense craving for vinegar right now. I have no idea where it has come from (no I am not pregnant). I grossed out my husband by putting balsamic vinegar on my scrambled eggs this morning. I grossed out my coworkers yesterday by eating raw beets and carrots soaked in vinegar for a snack. I am going to have to start eating alone if this keeps up. LOL

Replies

• kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    I woke up this morning with cotton mouth and craving a chocolate Frosty from Wendy's. I think I had a Frosty once and it was when I was around 10. I remember it tasting good. Not sure why I craved this instead of good ol' water or a banana/mango smoothie (which I have all the ingredients for).
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I am with you, OP... but it’s not weird - it’s normal for me these days. For the last couple months, I want to eat all things pickled! Beets, okra, green beans, asparagus, brussel sprouts, etc. can’t get enough!

For the record, the love is so real, I actually just sent in a hair sample for a nutrition assessment to ensure I am not missing some key nutrient that caused this craving. Not complaining though - low calorie and I have quite a variety of vegetables to choose from since I now know how to “pickle” my own food.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    chocolate coated giant jubjubes have become my obsession even though i dont like jubjubes :/ I think its a texture thing with the layers of chocolate around the jubjube im not sure but its annoying me lol
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Long John Silvers fish. I find it kind of gross, honestly, but I crave it about once a year and MUST have it.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I get really strong cravings for fish. The other day I had sardines for lunch, and tuna for dinner. lol. Also recently I was struck with a strong craving for an apple...
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I crave "crunchy" a lot. It doesn't matter where the crunch comes from...
  • artlover47
    artlover47 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    My weird one this week is boiled eggs. It's normal thing for me for breakfast, but kind of plain. For some reason I have even been dreaming about them at night! It is like I want to eat 6 boiled eggs at one time (I don't, but I could!). I've previously had a taste for them and/or deviled eggs if it had been a while since I ate one, but not a craving like this time.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I crave salt a lot,,and if I'm trying low carb I tend to crave carbs I never even cared about before,,ramen noodles,cereal,etc
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    The only thing I crave is satiety lol
  • thelegendofsakura89
    thelegendofsakura89 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Could really go for a grilled peanut butter and bacon sandwich right about now...
  • misslibralove
    misslibralove Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Lol. I love apple cider vinegar on all my salads just plain I just throw carrots, cucumbers, beets or whichever and pour on some acv lol.

My craziest craving lol, When I was a kid I use to love hash browns dipped in syrup lol.
  • AmyOutOfControl
    AmyOutOfControl Posts: 1,425 Member
    Options
    sofchak wrote: »
    I am with you, OP... but it’s not weird - it’s normal for me these days. For the last couple months, I want to eat all things pickled! Beets, okra, green beans, asparagus, brussel sprouts, etc. can’t get enough!

For the record, the love is so real, I actually just sent in a hair sample for a nutrition assessment to ensure I am not missing some key nutrient that caused this craving. Not complaining though - low calorie and I have quite a variety of vegetables to choose from since I now know how to “pickle” my own food.

@sofchak I am glad I am not the only one! I found myself googling nutritional deficiencies and vinegar cravings the other day. FYI - it’s not a thing. I guess I will have to continue grossing everyone out. LOL
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Got struck with a green smoothie craving today.. Had to make that happen for lunch today. Mmm......

ETA: It's been a few years since I've had one. But it sounded delish today, lol.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I've been on a ridiculous potato kick lately. I've never been big on them though they've always been ok on the side of steak maybe.

I'm wondering if it's not because I've really cut back on pasta and rice which used to be pretty big staples with dinner.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I crave salads big time but that's because I can't eat them
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I crave salads big time but that's because I can't eat them

This is my teen daughter right now. She enjoys salad well enough but she recently had her wisdom teeth out and salad is very difficult to eat because it gets stuck in the holes and has lots of "pokey" stuff.

So the last several days she's been fantasizing about having a huge salad with everything but the kitchen sink in it.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Air fried green beans dipped in ketchup and ALL THE FRUIT ALL THE TIME lol