Help!

Options
Okay, so I need to lose about 30 more pounds and I would like to do it before Feb. I am not the kind of person to stick to a diet and also i am a full time college student that has no job and I still live at home with my parents. I am 19 years old and I need to somehow lose weight. I have been eating 1200 calories a day and burning 250 calories. Am I doing the right things? Any ideas?
Thanks, Brittany

Replies

• Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I think you need to up your calories burns, try to get at least 300 or 400 in making sure to exercise at least 30 mins a day. But that's just my opinion. :) Good luck and hope this helps.
  • lcoreo5
    lcoreo5 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    you should open up your food diary so we can see what you are eating.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I agree that you should try to increase your calorie burn. Not sure what you are doing for exercise, but it is good to try different things..as my dr puts it "confuse the body a little bit" Don't know what you are eating, but make sure what you are eating counts...good nutritious foods. You can do it :)
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    What are you doing to get that burn? I'd add some interval and strenth training to help.
  • legallyblond390
    Options
    Make sure you're getting in the right kind of foods and balancing out your fats, carbs, and protein (ideally it should be 40% carbs, 30% protein, and 30% fat). I just read Jillian Michaels' book "Mastering Your Metabolism" and it definitely changed the way I view food; check out my "metabolism" blog and maybe that'll help? :) Good luck, you can do it!!!
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    What rate do you have your MFP goals set to lose at? I suggest staying at around the 1 lb per week since that is more realistic for women. Men tend to lose faster than us...darnit! Open up your diary so you can get suggestions and just keep plugging away! Eat all of your calories and drink your water. Keep us posted! Good luck!