I love keto!

Options
Hello :) I'm doing my second round of keto and I am just looking for people on my same journey! I am trying to get down to 17% body fat rather than actual weight loss, and I enjoy the progress I see with this diet. I workout 4-5 times a week and my biggest questions come from what I need to consume while in the gym. One of the reasons I took a few weeks off was because I noticed my body was getting too tired with weight lifting. Any advice, concerns, or friends are more than welcome!! Let's do this!! And also let me know of any challenges you are doing! They help me push myself :)

Replies

• Time2LoseTheWait
    Time2LoseTheWait Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I don’t eat anything before or during my workouts. I only drink a pre-workout drink before and then stay hydrated during with water and electrolytes.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Honestly, what @livingleanlivingclean has suggested, carbs are a great source of quick release energy. Consider maybe switching to low carb rather than doing full-on Keto to give you that extra push for your energy & performance.

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Fatigue from the early days of keto is usually an electrolyte imbalance. Most keto'ers need at least 3000-5000 mg of sodium a day. There's 2300 mg of sodium is a teaspoon of table salt so that is two of more teaspoons of salt a day.

Electrolyte imbalance tends to include: fatigue, headaches, moodiness, BM issues, nausea, muscle weakness and eventually spasms.
  • gkdunn2013
    gkdunn2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am doing keto!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group