Trying keto

Options
dholl53
dholl53 Posts: 19 Member
I'm looking to work my way into keto. I struggle with keeping motivated and I think it's because I tend to dive right into drastic changes and I get overwhelmed. My solution is to lean into it. I have cut my carbs down to 100g per day this first week and would like to get it down as low as I need to get into ketosis. I have never actually did any meal prep until this past weekend and It actually wasn't bad. If you are trying keto any tips or guidance is welcome.

Replies

• dholl53
    dholl53 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add. Do you do meal prep? If so, what do you tend to make the most and what seems to work the best so far?
  • jennlea30
    jennlea30 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I've been eating this way for almost 5 months now and down 15 lbs.
  • Herbstheword
    Herbstheword Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out the Reddit sub r/keto for all the getting started info. you'll need. Pick up some chicken broth and natural calm for electrolyte supplementation. Try to think of your plate as 1-2 cups of green veggies, 1 3-4 oz portion of protein, and 1 tbsp. or 1 oz of fats. Rinse and repeat! I eat ~20-35 net carbs per day no problem. Chia and Flax seeds are your friend.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • J383
    J383 Posts: 4,573 Member
    Options
    I'm keto too. Feel free to add me.
  • dangerousdashie
    dangerousdashie Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I’ve been keto weigh no cheating for 1.5 years and on and off for 4 years. Add me!
  • AGFitnessmfp
    AGFitnessmfp Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Im brand new to keto and could use more support. Working my way to 20g of carbs slowly. I will add you and anyone can add me.