Keto anyone??

Options
Hi there!

Im in week 2 of my Keto woe and im using this app to track my carbs/protein/fats. Its been a valuable tool! Im already down 9lbs! Is anyone else out there doing Keto??

Replies

• FalcnGrrl
    FalcnGrrl Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Sometimes i dont eat enough calories for the food diary to complete. Lol. But my macros is always on point. Good luck on your journey and thank you for the add!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    If all your macros are on point (grams, not percentage), and you're under your calorie goal, one or more entries are off.
  • FalcnGrrl
    Options
    I just changed my calorie limit. I reduced it to 1400. Almost feel like i should take it down to 1200
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    msHyde413 wrote: »
    I just changed my calorie limit. I reduced it to 1400. Almost feel like i should take it down to 1200

why did you change your calorie goal? the aim is to eat as much as possible whilst losing, not restricting yourself unnecessarily. Having a large deficit can lead to getting burnt out, and experiencing health issues (that can be hard to fix)....not fun.

the MFP calorie goal is the amount recommended to eat, before exercise. doing exercise earns you more calories - because your body needs them. Eating enough is important to provide your body with enough macro and micronutrients.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

why did you change your calorie goal? the aim is to eat as much as possible whilst losing, not restricting yourself unnecessarily. Having a large deficit can lead to getting burnt out, and experiencing health issues (that can be hard to fix)....not fun.

the MFP calorie goal is the amount recommended to eat, before exercise. doing exercise earns you more calories - because your body needs them. Eating enough is important to provide your body with enough macro and micronutrients.
    Maybe her aim isn't weightloss, but feeling excited, virtuous and miserable?
  • FalcnGrrl
    Options

Maybe her aim isn't weightloss, but feeling excited, virtuous and miserable?

Im not miserable. Im just not hungry enough to eat all those calories
  • FalcnGrrl
    Options

My problem is that im not hungry enough to eat all those calories. I feel like im forcing myself to get to the calorie limit. I also feel like i should just listen to what my body needs and not force feed it.
  • FalcnGrrl
    Options

Using a calorie calculator, for my age cutting my calories to 1324 will help me lose 2 lbs a week approximately. Sooooo me going down to 1400 isnt actually a "large deficit"
  • kommodevaran
    Options

Using a calorie calculator, for my age cutting my calories to 1324 will help me lose 2 lbs a week approximately. Sooooo me going down to 1400 isnt actually a "large deficit"
    Age isn't a large factor in weightloss. Cutting blindly is not going to help you lose weight. You lose 2 pounds per week by having a weekly calorie deficit of 7000. What determines if an intake of 1400 calories is a large deficit, is how much fat you have on your body, in other words how large a deficit you can sustain, in other words how much you weigh.
  • FalcnGrrl
    Options

Age isn't a large factor in weightloss. Cutting blindly is not going to help you lose weight. You lose 2 pounds per week by having a weekly calorie deficit of 7000. What determines if an intake of 1400 calories is a large deficit, is how much fat you have on your body, in other words how large a deficit you can sustain, in other words how much you weigh.

The calculator asked for my age, sex, weight and activity level. Thats how i got to 1400
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

My problem is that im not hungry enough to eat all those calories. I feel like im forcing myself to get to the calorie limit. I also feel like i should just listen to what my body needs and not force feed it.

Many people find fat satiating. Just because you don't feel hungry doesn't mean you shouldn't eat to provide your body the nutrients it needs. 1400 calories doing keto is not a lot of food (volume wise) - how are you determining your intake? Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids, and measure all liquids?

2lbs a week may not be a realistic rate of loss for you - quick does not necessarily mean better. How much weight do you actually have to lose?
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group. It's one of the largest and most active groups in MFP and where many Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • shammersla1422
    shammersla1422 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

Im in week 2 of my Keto woe and im using this app to track my carbs/protein/fats. Its been a valuable tool! Im already down 9lbs! Is anyone else out there doing Keto??
    Hi there!

Hi there!

• shammersla1422
    shammersla1422 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    With this diet how much and how hard should you be working out? I have started this diet which restricts carbs to 20-50 put I have been eating a lot of protein so I’m worried about the exercise due to the protein I’m consumeing. A friend said in stead of this just restricted my caloric intake to around 1200-1400 to loss weight. So I’m really uncertain which would be best for me.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    With this diet how much and how hard should you be working out? I have started this diet which restricts carbs to 20-50 put I have been eating a lot of protein so I’m worried about the exercise due to the protein I’m consumeing. A friend said in stead of this just restricted my caloric intake to around 1200-1400 to loss weight. So I’m really uncertain which would be best for me.

You don’t need to do KETO to loose weight; calories are king - some ppl find fat more satiating others protein or carbs - you need to figure out what works for you