Ink'd MFP peoples

Options
Okay my tattoed broddas and sistas... Quick Questions.

Anyone have tattoos tighten and shrink up as they get more fit?

How do you deal with the healing process and working out? - washing, cleaning, ect.

Andd whats your favorite place to get tattooed?

:) Have fun with this onee!

Replies

• diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    I have 3 myself and I have really been wondering the same thing in regards to weight-loss.
  • RajwaJ
    RajwaJ Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have four. Top of arm, back of shoulder, tummy/hip and lower back.

I have had no problem with shrinking now I am losing weight or stretching when I gained it. They just looked bigger. lol!

My favourite place to get tattoo'ed was my lower back. My tummy/hip was by far the most painful.

When they are healing you don't really want clothes rubbing on them as it could take the scabs off. As for washing. I was always cleaning mine and never had any ill effects.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    yer cute
  • Kyliebird2011
    Options
    Ive got my back, side/hip, and tops of both feet done. My back did shrink up alottt. my side looks good and my feet hurt like the devil. I did them both at the same time....MISTAKE!!! LOL
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My tattoos look fresher with the weight loss. The color is much deeper. I haven't had any issue with distortion. I have my forearms and chest tattooed.
  • Lemonaiding
    Lemonaiding Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    My tattoos look fresher with the weight loss. The color is much deeper. I haven't had any issue with distortion. I have my forearms and chest tattooed.
  • mohawk1971
    mohawk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have 11 eleven, about 50 hours worth, of tattoos. No real problems with the healing process as long as clean the fresh tattoo'd area after the work out and put lotion on it.
  • Rach1031
    Options
    I have 7 tatts and haven't noticed any change in them and I have lost a total 45lbs. 2 weeks ago I got my most recent one on the back of my neck. It's my favorite one by far (besides my 2 boys footprints) it's my zodiac sign with my element. So the sign for Scorpio which looks like a M with an arrow on the end and my element is water. It's awesome.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I have 7 tatts all together. No distortion with either weight gain/loss.
    As far as healing..I usually am very good at applying ointment when needed and washing them ...Never had any issues.

May have to add tattoo 8 as being a reward once i reach my ultimate weight goal..
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Fortunately for me, my tattoos are in places that don't stretch or shrink like behind my ear, inner ankle and my back. I do plan to get one that will be in a shrink/grow place but not until I reach my goal.
  • hatchet83
    Options
    I have no tattoos, YET...... I made a bet with a mate years ago that whoever saw a band 10 times first had to get a tattoo related to the band to commemerate it!!! Well this summer I saw Foo Fighters for the 10th (and 11th) time. I now have to get a Foo Fighter tattoo and am thinking of an FF underneath my bicep or forearm.
    Will this get ruined if I get it now before losing 30 (or so) pounds!!! Also will it sting a bit??
    Any thoughts???

I also like tattoos on ladies on their sides, back and ankles!!!!
  • yes_i_can
    yes_i_can Posts: 419
    Options
    I just got my first about a week and a half ago! It's on my side (just below where your bra would hit), and it's lovely! I waited until I didn't have much fat there, thinking that it won't change too much as I tone (hopefully), but if it gets smaller, I'm okay with that, because it's about 4" in diameter.

I didn't work out for the first few days after getting it - especially becasue in that spot there would be friction against my shirt. My artist told me to uncover it after 6 hours and wash it with unscented mild soap and warm water and then leave it completely alone for two days. Then, after that, just rinse it with water daily, with the same soap every other day, and a tiny bit of unscented lubriderm 2-3 times a day until healed. So, I waited until the "rinse it with water daily" stage before I worked out, and wore looser tops when I did so I wouldn't rub the scabs off or anything.

I'm now 11 days in, all the scabs and gone, I haven't lost any colour, but it itches like crazy!! It's driving me nuts not being able to scratch. ;) It'll be worth it in the end to not need touch-ups though!!
  • hefinator
    hefinator Posts: 260
    Options
    i have one on my hip that stretched a tiny bit, but still looks great. and one on the back of my neck, that still looks amazing!! once i get to Onederland, i am getting a tattoo on my foot! Can't wait!! I want it by my birthday in March!!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    my next one is going to be on the inside of my bicep, wonder how that's going to change because I started weight lifting (body building for fat loss right now)
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly new to the tattoo scene (my first and only tat will be 2 weeks old in a couple days) but I took into consideration my weight fluctuations when I chose to put it on my left shoulderblade. I figured that it wouldn't shink/grow once I finish my weight loss goals.

I had the traditional Chinese symbols for 'sisters' done in dark brown ink-- jie on top and mei beneath it. (The artist looked at me funny when I asked for brown; I did it to match my natural beauty marks' coloring.) So far I love it and am proud to wear spaghetti strap tanks to show it off; can't wait until I actually feel comfortable with how I look in said tanks...
  • bridge703
    Options
    nice ink.. I'm a fan!
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I have 3 .... a small one on my wrist which wasnt really effected by weight. A big one on my back. I carried some weight back there and its gone down a lot and the tattoo looks just fine. And I just got one on my shoulder/collar bone area last week!

Maybe moisturize daily while loosing to keep the skin soft and flexible. Thats the only thing I do consistently. Id assume it couldnt hurt. As far as them healing... the one on my wrist healed the slowest. I assume because my hands are so active. I actually just had to have to redone a bit when I went last week for my new one. It hurt worse than the one on my shoulder. I had forgotten! ow!
  • cobaltis
    cobaltis Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    i got mine before I lost weight but chose a place that should be unaffected, can be seen in avi... anyway it has faired perfectly.
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options
    I have a full sleeve and as far as working out, I had to take 7-10 days off from my workouts and cardio for healing after each session. I started on my shoulder and did a workout after two days, 1) IT HURT LIKE HELL and 2) we had to go back and redo the work. Trust me when I say, going back over fresh scar tissue with a solid black HURT LIKE HELL AGAIN!! I'm a huge fan of ink and will get more, just have to plan it around times where I'm willing to take time off from lifting or cardio.
  • Kyliebird2011
    Options
    Yeah, I got my side done after losing my first 45lbs... im thinking the thigh or arm is next on my list :)