I'm back with a vengeance

Options
So, I actually started on MFP 1 year ago, and I did very well the first few months. I had lots of friends on here and with their support and the support of my boyfriend and friends, I managed to lose 20+ lbs and was feeling awesome. But then I started school and it became my main priority. I also had a very painful medical problem that prevented me from doing anything physical. I became highly anxious and slightly depressed at that fact and since I'm an emotional eater, I began eating whatever I wanted to hopefully feel better. Before I knew it I'd gained all the weight I lost back and then some. I finally had surgery for my problem 1 month ago and am ecstatic about being able to move without pain again. Im back on here because I'm determined to not let obesity beat me. I want and need to be healthy. So, I'm back with a vengeance. This time, I'm gonna get it right.

P.S. Since, I was gone for so long, I lost most of the friends I had on here (Not that I blame them, I mean having someone on your friends list that has been gone for 5+ months isn't exactly encouraging), so I am looking for new friends! Please add me! :)

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    So glad to see that you decided to come back and regain your health!
  • s0l1tar1a
    Options
    So glad to see that you decided to come back and regain your health!

Thanks! This time, its for good! :)
  • hgf219
    hgf219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! So glad that your health problems are fixed. I am an emotional eater also and I understand your struggles. Gonna add you to my friend list so we can keep each other motivated! Good Luck!!
  • s0l1tar1a
    Options
    Welcome back! So glad that your health problems are fixed. I am an emotional eater also and I understand your struggles. Gonna add you to my friend list so we can keep each other motivated! Good Luck!!

Thank you! It's great to have people who understand you and support you. That's why I love MFP.
  • Chunkabutt83
    Options
    welcome back!!! i just re-joined too after having a baby, but i unfortunatly forgot my old account info so had to start a new one!
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Unless your bones are made out of glass and your veins rupture with quick movements you can still move. There are so many ways you can move without hurting, look into it. The first time i lost weight i did want to sweat so i did exercises that were toning, and dieted which help me drop 80lbs.
  • Pangui
    Pangui Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I too had a horrible rebound recently. Last year I lost 38 pounds, but by the end of the year, I had regained 30 of them. I have been working hard since May and I have managed to re-lose most of the weight. I am still up 4 pounds from last year's low, so I feel like I won't even be starting unless I get back to that number. The good new is that I have chosen a completely different approach this time and I am BEYOND confident that all the excess weight will come of for good. It may take me years, but this time it's permanent.

You can do it too!
  • s0l1tar1a
    Options
    welcome back!!! i just re-joined too after having a baby, but i unfortunatly forgot my old account info so had to start a new one!

Thank you! Welcome back to you as well then! :)
  • s0l1tar1a
    Options
    Unless your bones are made out of glass and your veins rupture with quick movements you can still move. There are so many ways you can move without hurting, look into it. The first time i lost weight i did want to sweat so i did exercises that were toning, and dieted which help me drop 80lbs.

There are many medical problems that can exclude you from physical activity that don't involve your bones being made of glass and your veins rupturing when you move. But thanks. I'm better now and am not hurting anymore which is why I came back to MFP. & congrats on your amazing weight loss.