Cheat meal

Options
Just had my long awaited chipotle cheat meal! Went over my calorie limit by like 300-400calories but it’s okay! I feel happy to be able to eat my chipotle! Will get back to my regular diet tomorrow. I used to frel guilty when I take a cheat meal but now I don’t. I actually enjoy it. So I suggest that you guys do a cheat meal once a week as well!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I'm curious, what's your desired rate of weight loss? That meal might not even have put you at maintenance.
  • OnalimOjag
    OnalimOjag Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1lb a week. You are right though, it may have not put me at maintenance as my maitenance is at 2200 cals and I had 1900-2000 cals today.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OnalimOjag wrote: »
    Just had my long awaited chipotle cheat meal! Went over my calorie limit by like 300-400calories but it’s okay! I feel happy to be able to eat my chipotle! Will get back to my regular diet tomorrow. I used to frel guilty when I take a cheat meal but now I don’t. I actually enjoy it. So I suggest that you guys do a cheat meal once a week as well!

Why do I need a cheat meal? I fit the foods I enjoy in on a regular basis. Why can’t chipotle be part of your regular diet?
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Chicken, beans, rice, fajitas, lettuce, salsa....etc sounds like a hardcore cheat......wrong mentality here in how you look at food
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    1lb a week. You are right though, it may have not put me at maintenance as my maitenance is at 2200 cals and I had 1900-2000 cals today.

You call that a cheat? Pfffft.....you're doing it wrong .
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options

no. Im glad you enjoyed your "cheat" but just because you enjoyed it and cut things you want out until 1 meal a week doesnt mean others should. 1 bad cheat meal a week and im kicked right out of a deficit. Ill eat what id like and count it thank you very much, Because call it a cheat or whatever btu my body isnt cheating it knows the calories are there and reacts accordingly.

• nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    One cheat meal will wipe out my entire deficit for the week.
  • Kmp553
    Kmp553 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don't do cheat meals if I really like a food I try to work it into my calorie limit because I don't want to become so obsessed over one food that I really like that I have to plan one meal just to have it and by then I'll be so starved for it I'm going to overeat and I'm going to sabotage my weight loss plan and gain some weight back and I worked too hard to get the weight off. I rarely eat out but a couple weeks ago I wanted a roast beef sandwich because I really like them I went and got one and I worked it into my daily calorie limit. However I have one problem I rarely ever reached my calorie limit far from it I'm on a 1430 calorie a day limit and it is very hard for me to reach that limit because I like vegetables a lot and I eat a lot of them with protein and some other foods but vegetables make up the largest part of my meals and they're bulky and I'll sit here with big bowl about 80% vegetables they fill me up.