Seriously... I need friends!

Options
l4dy0nyx
l4dy0nyx Posts: 45 Member
1) I don't have anyone that I consider a "friend", however, I am around people and these people also aren't fitness enthusiastic as I am so when I mention anything about working out, they are extremely negative. They even will open up conversations mentioning working out only to patronize me which is highly annoying. They show pure jealousy because of the positive results that I've had working out. So... I stopped talking to them about working out at all and when they bring it up, I just change the subject because I know that they don't have a true interest in what I'm doing. Having said that, I want to start surrounding myself with people offline, online and in my personal life with the same fitness interest as I have. I want people who I can ask advice from and learn from, I want people who will be open to learning from me. I want to once and for all create the success and fit life that I've been struggling with and just want it to happen once and for all because I'm not getting any younger and I want to know what happiness and success within myself and surroundings feels like... I don't want my fitness journey to turn into "revenge" for those who didn't believe in me because that would still be giving them the credit they have been wanting but I want my fitness journey to CONTINUE TO BE ABOUT ME, MY SELF EVOLUTION AND PERSONAL GROWTH AS IT HAS STARTED OUT TO BE. The only way I feel it's necessary is if when I'm ready to have a conversation or wanting to learn more about different fitness techniques, lifestyles and journeys is to communicate only with people going in that direction.

Replies

• l4dy0nyx
    Options
    Hello?
  • _Quad_Zilla
    _Quad_Zilla Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    its always good to have people that don't share the same interests as you... if they did that would be boring
  • flowingcolors
    flowingcolors Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Cool. You live near Webster, Texas?
  • l4dy0nyx
    Options
    Cool. You live near Webster, Texas?

No... I'm in the tristate area nj... but I know how to appreciate long distance encouragement
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me
    I have been here for over 5 hrs and try to support daily. (sometimes 2 jobs, trying to be healthy, and life gets in the way of the constant support though)
  • l4dy0nyx
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    Feel free to add me
    I have been here for over 5 hrs and try to support daily. (sometimes 2 jobs, trying to be healthy, and life gets in the way of the constant support though)

Thanks appt.
  • lannakin
    lannakin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I feel the you!!! I want to better my life. Don’t get me wrong I love my friends but anything healthy I mention they act totally baffled and disgusted. I’m contemplating making new healthier friends but don’t know where to start.
  • dyanne233
    dyanne233 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I am Dianne I am from new Jersey as well feel free to add me
  • johnw83
    johnw83 Posts: 6,219 Member
    Options
    feel free to friend me i am john
  • l4dy0nyx
    Options
    dyanne233 wrote: »