Mommy of Two

Options
Hi everyone ! I am Aleena and am a mommy of two beautiful boys. My older is 2 n half years old and younger one is a two month old baby. My babies are my world <3 I have been married for 5 years to the love of my life and my hubby is just shocked the way I have blown up LOL ! Prior to my 1st baby I was 120 lbs and after I had my 1st child my weight was 152 lbs ..I decided to get back in shape back then and somehow managed to dropped down to 138 lbs by hitting the gym as much as possible. With my 2nd pregnancy I gained nearly 50 lbs and lost only 21 lbs ..My current weight is 164 lbs (sob sob ) and I am only 5. 3" I no longer make any effort to look good as I feel it's no use because " I look fat anyway ". I think it's high time that I get out of that sad attitude and make myself feel good and look good for my hubby .. I feel bad for him as he always see's me in baggy t-shirt and pajama's .. I hope that I will get the motivation that I am seeking for and motivate you guys in return as well :)

Replies

• colleen656
    Options
    welcome. you are in the right place. feel free to ad me as a friend
  • Deeranged1
    Deeranged1 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi i am a mother of 2 also but i am only 5 ft and gained 60 pounds looking for similar support so you can add me as a friend!
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat :) Mommy of 2 wonderful babies (23 months and 4 months old). I work outside the home full-time so it's hard to get the time to make time for me to exercise, but I am doing it! I'm so excited to see you making the change-keep up the good work!
  • linzmarie316
    Options
    Me too! On almost everything!! Haha, I will send you a friend request. :)
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Mom of 2 boys as well and I gained almost 100 pounds in the last 10 years. It happens, now it just matters what you're going to do about it. You are in the right place and you can totally do it. It takes time, dedication, and lots of water (LOL) but you can do it.
  • FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself, it is hard to go through so many changes in such a short amount of time. ( I am a mother of 4 and my last two were 11 months apart) However, it isn't too hard to start making small changes that will lead to big results. Start with just one thing, like drinking enough water. Soon you can add some long walks with those babies. If you have netflix or on demand try to find an exercise show while the children nap or after they go to bed. Usually husbands are happy to see that you are making an effort, even if you don't turn back into skinny supermodel from your newlywed days. Don't give up on yourself. Positive changes will help you be a better mom and wife.
  • rebekah_anne81
    Options
    I've been there too. Two little boys...gained 60 lbs with both. Still working on getting #2 off (and he's 2 1/2 now). May you have more motivation than I did. If you're needing "friends", feel free to sign me up! :)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    We're not so different, you and I. My kids are 2 years apart with the youngest 9 months old. I tipped the scales at 199lbs the day DD was born and didn't lose all the weight before getting pregnant again. Now I'm working to lose the weight to get back to my pre baby weight (and if everything goes well, back to my pre marriage weight). You've made the first step by signing up here. You'll find lots of motivation on the boards.