Starting my journey

Options
Hey.. well I have no idea where to start. I'm Jes. I have never been the "fat" one. I have always been very outgoing and I had a great body until last year. At 29 I was forced into surgical menopause, which lead to being diabetic and the pounds literally packed on. I spent the last year of my life trying to get things back to normal with no luck. So on March 19th I had a gastric sleeve. Its been the best thing I've ever done. I'm looking for anyone similar that needs support.

Replies

• UntilProud
    UntilProud Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Hey! Great job on taking your weight into your own hands! What obstacles have you discovered when dealing with the sleeve? How is the progress? What is your eating like?

I'm genuinely interested and excited about your new beginnings! Please feel free to friend me if you're interested to!

I'm wishing you well!
    Dan
  • jesborden
    jesborden Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Dan,
    The hardest thing this far as been dealing with the acid reflux. I've always had it but now it's just off the charts annoying. If I dont take my acid pill first thing when I get up it's a losing battle all day. Progress has been good. I'm 3 weeks out and down 30 pounds. I've cheated at starting workout sooner then is recommended but I know my body and have adjusted accordingly. I eat chicken, tuna, non stringy veggies. I have my unflavored protien I add to whatever I can. I love that stuff. The hardest part is slowing down when you eat. It's all mental.

I really appreciate your words of encouragement! Totally made my day!
  • JessieKat2552
    JessieKat2552 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess. I'm 5 days Post op Gastric Sleev and So far I'm still on free fluid stage i am getting more and more fluids in each day which is great. Still a little sore especially if I drink to fast. Hope you are recovering well
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    @jesborden it sounds like you are on your way back up. In my twenties my health got turned upside down but back then there was not a lot help with autoimmune health issues like arthritis. Now tuna is my go to meat choice as I have learned to eat more the way you eat to help manage my arthritis pain and limitations.

Your post shows you are a fighter and one who can find solutions that works for you. You will be a huge help to those dealing with similar conditions.

Thanks for being here and posting on MFP forums. There are others on MFP that have gone through the same surgery here in the past several years and their success stories are inspiring as well.

Best of continued success.