Help! Green smoothies!

Options
atlchell30
atlchell30 Posts: 8 Member
Hi all! Im in a nutri ninja frenzy... PLEASE send recipes for the best green smoothie to promote fat burn, weight loss, etc...

Replies

• AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies aren’t anything special to give you fat burning or anything. You still have to maintain a caloric deficit to lose weight.

I have incorporated green smoothies into my diet before. I like doing a handful of kale, handful of spinach, pineapple, grapes, vanilla Greek yogurt, chia seeds! I weighed and logged all ingredients!
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    To promote fat burn or weight loss I'd recommend drinking less green smoothies.

There is no magical weight loss foods - they all have calories. Account for everything you eat and drink, stick to your calorie goal consistently and you'll get results.

The only thing I put in my blender regularly is coffee, cold water, ice, protein powder, coconut butter. Delicious.
  • newkris5
    newkris5 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Go to "ifoodreal.com" they have some healthy low fat green smoothies
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Green smoothies aren’t anything special to give you fat burning or anything. You still have to maintain a caloric deficit to lose weight.

I have incorporated green smoothies into my diet before. I like doing a handful of kale, handful of spinach, pineapple, grapes, vanilla Greek yogurt, chia seeds! I weighed and logged all ingredients!

Your recipe contains tryptophan, carbs, fiber, and probiotics. I am not sure how much I buy into the research but supposedly your smoothie will help raise serotonin levels. So while it may not have fat burning power it might actually raise your mood to help make the mental aspects of dieting easier.

So a new study will probably debunk that if it hasn't already but I supplement with smoothies because it is an easy way to load up on some vitamins and minerals. I can afford the calories with no problems.
  • Jess3416
    Jess3416 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the following:
    1 cup mixed frozen berries
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup spinach/kale mix
    1 cup of crangrape juice
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    green smoothies wont promote weight loss at all but they are an okay way to sneak in veggies if you dont like veggies. No recipe needed just play around with what you like, Or, You know, Just go eat food. Nothing special about smoothies and actually for alot of us drinking our calories is counter productive as it wont fill us up nearly as much as just eating the food whole