Anyone Keto?

Options
Hi, I’ve tried all types of weight loss plans, some with a bit of success and others not at all.

I’ve been doing Intermittent Fasting since January. I usually do a 16:8 ratio and feel great. I’ve now started Keto and dropped 4.5 pounds in one week! This is unheard of for me since I also have hypothyroidism.

Anyway, if anyone else is following the Keto diet and wants to share ideas then please add me.

Replies

• writekelly1118
    writekelly1118 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi ! I’m just starting Keto ! I too have Hashimoto I’m also recovering from a full knee replacement ! I wish you well on your journey !
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    When you reduce your carb intake dramatically your body will experience a large drop in fluid - carbs cause your body to hold on to more water. This is likely the explanation of your big loss.
  • Bill_Keto
    Bill_Keto Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I do Keto. add me if you wish.
  • danceandplay
    danceandplay Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do Keto for my weightloss and type 2 diabetes. I'm always looking for active posting friends. :smile:
  • cassandracaye
    cassandracaye Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do Keto and love it. It’s helped get off my ADHD meds and lose weight/gain muscle! Add me, if you like! I could always use new Keto recipes and Inspiration!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I suggest you check out the following low carber daily forum group. It's a very large, very active group here in MFP where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group