C5K App

Options
I found this free app on my phone and was curious about it. I want to get into running gradually and I think this might be the way. Any use it? How do you log it under exercises? Anyone using it?

Replies

• jbretz
    jbretz Posts: 43
    Options
    Tons of people use this program! I use it myself. It's very successful. I log it under either walking or jogging, depending on my average speed.
  • Stoicus
    Stoicus Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I used to log the running parts and the walking parts separately, and a slow jog is roughly 5mph and the brisk walking 3.5mph. Now I use a heart rate monitor for the entire session.
  • UpToAnyCool
    UpToAnyCool Posts: 1,673
    Options
    Yes! Couch to 5K is what I call the 'gateway drug' to RUNNING!

I got a HRM on eBay so I wouldn't have to guess at the burn, but otherwise, I agree w/ what jbretz says above.

Best of luck!
  • rowbseat13
    rowbseat13 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I use the C25K Lite app for Android, at the same time as CarioTrainer (also free). CardioTrainer will log your distance/speed/calories, while C25K will tell you when to start/stop running. Be forewarned, though. If you're using the C25K Lite app, you can't open up anything else on your phone without it stopping. I start CardioTrainer first, because it will continue to run in the background, and THEN open C25K... And pray I don't get a phone call while I'm running.
  • AquaFan
    AquaFan Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I credit my C25K app for changing my life. It introduced me to running and I fell in love with it. Mine wasn't free. I paid $2.99 for it (best money I ever spent) but I'm sure it works the same. I log it the same as Jbretz. I am currently doing the program for a second time and yesterday I did week2, day 1. I logged it as 21 min. of walking and 9 min. of jogging. Hope this helps! :)
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I use a C25K app on my phone. I love it! It's a great way to build up your endurance.
  • scooffer
    Options
    I use DoubleRunner on Android, it pipes in my playlists and tracks distance/speed, etc. It actauly has voice commands "start running now" and "Slow to a brisk walk" LOVE IT!