New Friends?!?

Options
Hey everyone! My name is Amanda and I’ve been on my weight loss journey / lifestyle change for 3 months come Sunday.... I’m looking for new support buddies.. people that know what it’s like to feel like you aren’t doing good enough, but can encourage you otherwise...

While in high school, I had an eating disorder.. am I proud to admit that.. no. Does it need to be said... absolutely! After I had my daughter, everything changed for me. It was almost as if the eating disorder never existed. Now, when I was at my heaviest 3 months ago, I had an issue with putting food down or making healthier choices. I was literally pushing myself to death because of my obsession with eating. The last 3 months have been the hardest but best 3 months for me... I’ve lost 32.6 pounds so far... I sometimes mess up on my healthy eating, but if I do, I get right back on track the next day, which I used to never do. I work out at least 3 days a week... I’m a full time worker and Mom so making room for that sometimes doesn’t happen...

I would love to help encourage others on their journey as I know that’s what has been working for me! This app has changed my life and mindset on food!

We can do this y’all!

Replies

• hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I don't know anyone here and could use some support too ^^
  • amandawhatup62
    amandawhatup62 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I don't know anyone here and could use some support too ^^

Thank you!
  • klauss_torres
    klauss_torres Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • alancorey1979
    alancorey1979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I could use some friends too. I am new to this community
  • selenay8927
    selenay8927 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new here just started the tacking today actually and I have also stared Beachbody about a week ago... Today my son broke my computer .. So I'm alittle off set. But I can Definitly yse new friends and support as I am a huge have of food and since my prgancey I have becime a vlcookie monster
  • cloudspirit55
    cloudspirit55 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Helo, I could use some friends please feel free to add me we could help each other on this weight loss Journey
  • 19akire78
    19akire78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi. Please feel free to add me too. I’m just starting to follow Keto and I’m pretty new to the game.
  • CulleyWulley
    CulleyWulley Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing the 32 pounds Amanda! Only working out 3 times a week and losing that amount of weight in that time frame is impressive! Keep up the good work!
  • Crista1192
    Crista1192 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone can feel free to add me!
  • farahdaher109
    farahdaher109 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I will be your friend and btw you look gorgeous :)
  • Slobadobb
    Slobadobb Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Adding you! I need friends on here too. Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • richr196
    richr196 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too Please!!
  • amandawhatup62
    Options
    Great job on losing the 32 pounds Amanda! Only working out 3 times a week and losing that amount of weight in that time frame is impressive! Keep up the good work!

Thank you!
  • damodebrun
    damodebrun Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone. 10 Kilos to lose (22 lbs)
  • Rustedfaith009
    Rustedfaith009 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,

Please add me as I need motivation and support to cut down belly fat. I'm 60 kg.
  • eleonora1809
    eleonora1809 Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hello Amanda, I’m a MFP newbie too and would love to make new friends.

I’ve been struggling with ED since I was 16. Same as you, ED is not a proud thing to share. Nobody knows I have it. The reason I use this app is to track my calories, so I don’t binge and basically... I just want to be healthier. I could really use a friend lol

Maybe if we stalk each other food diary & progress, we will be more motivated to change for the better.
  • amirahdaboss
    amirahdaboss Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Hi Amanda,
    I totally relate to a lot of what you said. I also struggled with an eating disorder throughout my teen years. I'm good now, but I could use some motivation! Feel free to add me.
  • ChrysaMotsou
    ChrysaMotsou Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is chrysa and I'm 17 years old.I've been overweight my whole life and currently I'm 110 kg.. I've done numerous diets and few times pushed myself a lot. Into like working out everyday twice or even 3 times a day which killed me after 3 weeks i fainted during a workout ...that wae 3 years ago and since then ive been doing workouts here and there but not so constantly ...i now hage decided that in done with starting a journeyand then quitting again. The thing is I'm truly struggling with my food obsession.. I can't stoppppp... Advice? :):)<3
  • Bootykickinbeerdrinkin
    Options
    I need more friends too! :)
  • amandawhatup62
    Options
    Hi my name is chrysa and I'm 17 years old.I've been overweight my whole life and currently I'm 110 kg.. I've done numerous diets and few times pushed myself a lot. Into like working out everyday twice or even 3 times a day which killed me after 3 weeks i fainted during a workout ...that wae 3 years ago and since then ive been doing workouts here and there but not so constantly ...i now hage decided that in done with starting a journeyand then quitting again. The thing is I'm truly struggling with my food obsession.. I can't stoppppp... Advice? :):)<3

I had a hard time with food as well. I finally put my foot down and decided a change needed to be made. I was literally killing myself with food. I still allow myself to eat things I like, but in moderation. That’s the advice I can give you.. do everything in moderation. If you want a cheeseburger, get a kids meal. If you are craving a coke, get a small. Don’t deprive yourself, but don’t over do it. If you don’t feel you are strong enough to eat a serving size, just don’t eat that item. I love tilapia with rice and asparagus. It’s my go to meal prep meal. It’s easy, fast, and tastes delicious! That’s another tip I could give you.. meal prep! That helps from setting yourself up from failure. If you have meals already ready, you are less likely to go get something.

You can do this! It takes time. Be patient. You will know when you are completely 100% ready!