All the help I can get!!!

Options
Hi - I signed on to My Fitness Pal on Monday at the urging of a good friend who is also using this as a weight loss motivator. So far, so good. I am 47 years old (metabolism is a mess) and work a fairly sedentary job as an accountant. I have put on quite a bit of weight in the last 4 years and despirately need to take it off. I hope to get and give encouragement through this site and make this journey memorable and successful. It took 4 years for the weight to come on - it will take years perhaps for it all to come off.

I look forward to hearing from you all and making this journey interesting!

Kelly

Replies

• dchris99
    dchris99 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard, i am pretty new to the group, but have gotten a ton of helpful info here!!
  • blueskyyz
    Options
    Hi, today is my first day on here too!! I'm 30 and I too am in desperate need of losing weight!! I'm hoping this site will help keep me motivated and hold me accountable for making better choices and sticking to a weight loss plan. I've been battling weight my entire life. I've done many fad diets, diet pills, joined the gym lost weight and it always comes back.. I've done construction work with my husband for the last 6 years lifting heavy things, climbing ladders and sweating bullets but never lost any weight. I'm going to attempt to cut out my carbs and see how that works for me.
  • hgf219
    hgf219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I'm 45 and had hysterectomy so I can relate to being a mess!! It's sooo much harder to lose weight as I get older. This site is great and hopefully I can stay focused this time around. Add as friend if you would like and us 40 somethings can motivate each other!!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    In my late 40s. The metabolism doesn't help at all.
    Best of luck to you.
  • angryaccountant
    Options
    Thanks a Bunch! I see an endocrinologist for my thyroid which can't decide which side of the equator it wants to sit on and depending on its mood it decides if my body responds to diet and exercise. Since I have no control over the thyroid - the only thing I have control over is what I put in my body.