Sweet treats

Options
So, my cal limit is 1,600 and I’m always under is so I treat myself to maybe a chocolate bar, or ice cream to get me up to my limit. Is that ok?

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,898 Member
    Options
    Sure, if you are really truly under. Over a month or two, are you losing weight as expected?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    staceyuden wrote: »
    So, my cal limit is 1,600 and I’m always under is so I treat myself to maybe a chocolate bar, or ice cream to get me up to my limit. Is that ok?

Yep
  • Slu13
    Slu13 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Iv only recently started - 1 week in. Iv been going gym and weighed myself in the week and I had lost but weight today and put on so I think it’s water weight but I’m feeling much better I just don’t want to miss out on my sweet treats! I did slimming world and with them you can only have 15 sins a day, well I think Iv had 20!! So I’m worried that I’m not going to loose anything even under my cal allowance!
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I've had chocolate covered raisins 3 days in a row. I packed them in my lunch. So good. I ate a snickers icecream bar today. I'm not giving up my ice cream. I have been eating less of it lately but still eat it at least once a week.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I eat something sweet every single day. A Ritter Sport is a small serving of chocolate. A glass of red wine is pretty yummy at dinner. If I have enough calories at the end of the day, there might be a piece of pie. If you believe your calorie logging is accurate, go ahead. No reason to deny yourself the joy of food.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I say add a treat, if you've got the calories. Just watch yourself and make sure you truly have all the calories you think you have. I overestimated my maintenance calories and ended up putting on a little weight. Nothing too hard to lose, but you don't want to accidentally work against your goals. Maybe start with eating back half your extra calories and evaluate from there?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    when I try a "healthy" alternative like a protein bar,nature valley bar,etc I ended up overeating cuz I try to make up for what I REALLY wanted

Me too!
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options
    Sure :smile: I save at least 150 cals a day for chocolate or whatever sweet treat I fancy.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Slu13 wrote: »

Are you getting enough protein (note if you're dieting or exercising you probably need more than the MFP minimums), eating 5-9 servings of fruits and veggies a day and getting some healthy fats in your diet?

If so, go for it. If not modify your diet to get these items in for heath reasons and see if you have calories left for chocolate or ice cream.

Good luck.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    This seems a variation on your other thread Can I eat chocolate cake and McDonald's.

Answer is the same as there - yes you will lose weight if you eat at a calorie deficit.