IOS Calorie Adjustment... I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!

Options
Hey everyone,

I am so confused and frustrated. I logged my workout for today - I did 50 mins of kickboxing, but logged it as only 25 because I think MFP overestimates calories. I have it set up to where I lose 1.5 lbs/week (1410 cals/day).

With my workout calories though, I was hoping to see an extra 344 calories (from kickboxing) for my daily intake (so, 1754 today). But right now, it's only giving me 210 extra calories, and says something about "-544" under my IOS calorie adjustment. When I delete this number, it gives me the extra 344 calories. Can someone please explain what is going on? So can I eat my extra 300-some calories or not?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    MFP has been glitchy lately. 344 for kickboxing sounds good to me.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    If I remember correctly I think iOS is logging your steps. When you manually put in your kickboxing into MFP, it will take away some of the steps you got credit for, so that you aren’t getting double credit for exercise. It’s been a couple of years since I used the iOS, so if I’m wrong, I hope someone will correct me.
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    But yes, I would have no qualms about eating 300 calories after kickboxing. That’s a calorie burner.
  • JD2000
    JD2000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I don’t understand it either. I did 30 minutes of exercise today synced with my Fitbit and it says -50 calories in the app. I only get 1250. How can it take away calories? I have used the MFP/Fitbit combo off and on for years and have never had it subtract calories. I don’t get it!
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,730 Member
    Options
    Fitbit person: you are probably getting an adjustment that is negative because you've moved around less than normal and Fitbit has no qualms about going below MFP's minimum of 1200 Calories in an attempt to achieve the deficit you have selected.

In reality all it means is that you have selected a very aggressive deficit given the number of calories you seem to be burning and MFP is tanking at the 1200 minimum.

In all probability the majority of the time you are more active than you've been today and/or you recently turned on negative adjustments.

Apple person: there are numerous reports around about Apple devices and MFP having a hard time figuring things out together. If our past experience with Fitbit is any guide... by this time next year things will be working much better :smiley: In the meanwhile I don't see why the heck you would not eat your kick-boxing calories!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If MFP was set on active and all I did was 30 minutes of exercise all day, I'd probably end up with negative adjustment too. It just means you're not as active as you think you are (that's for fitbit).