Nutritional Guidelines

Options
I've been using MFP now for just over 1 month. I am allowed 1850 calories, and am almost always slightly under. Lately I tend to go over on Protein, but am almost always about 100 carbs less than what was allotted to me. I'm losing weight, but was wondering if this is a good or bad thing? I am somewhat sedentary, but have been more active lately with a new vegetable garden and getting out more often.

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    No, if you’re getting a good amount of protein (to prevent muscle loss) and enough fat for essential functions, carbs can fall where they may. No issue, unless it’s under 50g or so in which case you may go into ketosis, which isn’t bad *per se* but wouldn’t just be a standard diet and there’s no reason to do keto unless prescriped by a Doctor.
  • Snickers2424
    Snickers2424 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your reply. It is very much appreciated.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    rj0150684 wrote: »
    No, if you’re getting a good amount of protein (to prevent muscle loss) and enough fat for essential functions, carbs can fall where they may. No issue, unless it’s under 50g or so in which case you may go into ketosis, which isn’t bad *per se* but wouldn’t just be a standard diet and there’s no reason to do keto unless prescriped by a Doctor.

Great answer.