Chicken soup detox

Options
ag0653
ag0653 Posts: 1 Member
Has anybody tried the chicken soup detox? I love chicken soup and wanted to see if anyone has tried it before?

Replies

• kpsyche
    kpsyche Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I love chicken soup but I don't know how to log it because I make my own stock using chicken bones and wings. :(
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I looked at some of the recipes (just now). It looks healthy enough but it won't have special powers to make you lose weight and detoxing your system can mean so many things and nothing at all. If you tried to eat it for a prolonged period you will likely grow tired of it. I love pizza but I would never be happy eating it daily.

• lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    kpsyche wrote: »
    I love chicken soup but I don't know how to log it because I make my own stock using chicken bones and wings. :(

Soup, stock, chicken, home-prepared
  • kpsyche
    Options
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Options

Use the recipe builder function on the app, you'll have to list each ingredient separately and by weight, add in the the amount of portions and bingo, job done :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Someone will have entered that recipe generically so there's no way to tell if its accurate or not.
  • kpsyche
    edited April 2018
    Options

Someone will have entered that recipe generically so there's no way to tell if its accurate or not.

Well yeah... but surely the USDA would have some kind of minimum standards. Or not? I mean... wouldn't an employee have had to enter it?
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

Well yeah... but surely the USDA would have some kind of minimum standards. Or not? I mean... wouldn't an employee have had to enter it?

but unless you saw a list of ingredients, you just wouldn't know. Enter your own recipe and then you will know and it'll be there for the next time to make it. 'Home made' means there will be huge variations.
  • kpsyche
    Options
    but unless you saw a list of ingredients, you just wouldn't know. Enter your own recipe and then you will know and it'll be there for the next time to make it. 'Home made' means there will be huge variations.

That's true. The problem I have is how I'd go about entering bones or, say, a chicken carcass that's left over after a roast chicken before I throw it in the pot to make the stock. I guess I could just pretend it's whole chicken and add a bit of calcium for what leeches out of the bones
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    Options

That's true. The problem I have is how I'd go about entering bones or, say, a chicken carcass that's left over after a roast chicken before I throw it in the pot to make the stock. I guess I could just pretend it's whole chicken and add a bit of calcium for what leeches out of the bones

We are de-railing this thread but yes, that's what I would do.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    What are you hoping to get out of this OP?

Weight loss? That comes from a sustained calorie deficit. Chicken soup can be a part of a diet that enables you to achieve this.

Detoxing something? What toxins, specifically?

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Too much chicken soup, like too much of anything isn't good for you. You get the same macros over and over, and will be missing something. Better to mix things up and eat a variety.
  • cmh308
    cmh308 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It's Monday not Friday, right?