Hurt knee - help with exercises!

Options
Hey all,

I tweaked my knee a couple days ago. It's nothing serious - it is just a little sensitive when i bend it. I've been resting it, but I don't want to just sit around. I've been doing sit ups and weights with my arms, but I was looking for something a little more cardio to burn some calories. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Elmaunie
    Elmaunie Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I have rubbish knees all the time! Just joined a gym and found that the cross trainer isn't too harsh on them. Running is a no-no but walking isn't too bad, fast but not fast enough to break into a jog.

Other than that I prance around my sitting room doing zumba on the kinect. It's great as you don't have to do all the jumps if they hurt and no one will tell you off! :)
  • Margaret0626
    Options
    Punches are a great way to blast the heart rate up. Even if you don't have a punching bag, just punch the air. I learned this from Jullian Michaels - 30 day shred. She has you do them in a squat position so you are working legs and arms at the same time. Swiming might be good too if you have access to a pool.
  • Anoble17
    Anoble17 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How did you injure it? Depending on where your pain is certain exercises will aggravate your knee.
  • DeadZip2010
    DeadZip2010 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Looking for some cardio that doesnt involve running of jumping? If you have a pool around you could try that, swim with mostly your arms and it will kee most of the stress off of your leg.
    Or you could turn the strength training you are doing on your arms and upper body and your core work into a curciut training sesson. just move from one excersize to the next with as little rest as possible. BE sure to try to hit everything in your upper body, chest, upper back, shoulders, triceps, biceps, and forearms and dont forget about your core. do it once all the way through, hit everything, rest, then do it again, and if you can, go for a third time maybe.

Curciut training is a great way to use weights for cardio, and build strength at the same time.
    Hope this helps
  • baisleac
    baisleac Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Cardio boxing while sitting on an exercise ball; works arms, shoulders, and core while getting your heart rate up.
  • megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    How did you injure it? Depending on where your pain is certain exercises will aggravate your knee.

I don't quite know. I just noticed it was a little sensitive a few days ago when I was getting up off the floor. I have relatively weak knees so it might have just been a combination of working out. Basically - my knee is fine when it is straight and fine when it is bent 90 degrees, it just has a slight twinge while it is going in between the two.