Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

FIRST TIME GOING INTO A GYM FOR A LONG TIME

first my story I'm 36 year old male, 5-6, 5-7 tall weigh 137 lbs as of today. I used to weigh around 210lbs for years and last year I decided to change that. fast forward 6-8 months and here I am at 137lbs. I'm using myfitnesspal to keep counts on my calories and now I'm on maintenance which is 2130. my question is do I maintain my calorie count or do I bump it up or down? when working out. right now I'm "skinny fat" but want to change that to have a "tone" body and gain muscles. i'll be using this program that I found online for my workout https://www.muscleandfitness.com/workouts/workout-routines/complete-mf-beginners-training-guide-plan does this program good for a "newbie" like myself?

Replies

• djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    edited April 2018
    Up your calories to about 200-250 over maintenance. Build muscle slowly. Do this for several months, recalculating your maintenance every 4 weeks or so. After several months of this, when you have more muscle on your frame, transition to cut for 2-3 months and then repeat. At least, that's what I did when I was first starting out. And I was very happy with how I progressed over those first couple years like that.
  • somejaykid
    somejaykid Posts: 52 Member
    thanks for the reply I appreciate it :)