Life Style Change (for beginners)

Options
adubay26
adubay26 Posts: 9 Member
Hello everyone!

Very new to the discussion portion of this.. I didn’t realized it existed. I do need to lose weight, but I’m the type to buy a bunch of healthy food, and then watch it rot in the fridge.

I’m going to take everything one day at a time. Need some help with it.. easy meals etc.

I’m talking two eggs and a piece of bacon easy. I’m ready to stop eating cookies at 3 a.m. and actually have the want to eat helalthy.

One day at a time!

Replies

• adubay26
    Options
    Haha I agree with the bed part but I work nights and I’m often wide awake on my off days, thus the cycle of bored eating continues!
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I’m eating a lot of stir fry’s, I just change the type of meat I use each time so I don’t get bored. I also make soup, it doesn’t take long and it’s really filling especially lentil and veg. Baked potatoes too, throw it in the microwave and it’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
  • hippysprout
    hippysprout Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    One good way to start is by logging everything for a week without trying to change anything. Then you can look at your diet and activity and figure out where changes would be easiest.

I tried to do this for the past few days, in fact I intended to do it all this week. I find it's virtually impossible to not make changes when you're staring at your overindulgence and lacking nutrients in bright red numbers. I suppose that's the point of tracking :p But it is giving me room to experiment.
    adubay26 wrote: »
    I’m going to take everything one day at a time. Need some help with it.. easy meals etc.

I’m talking two eggs and a piece of bacon easy. I’m ready to stop eating cookies at 3 a.m. and actually have the want to eat helalthy.

One day at a time!

I think keeping it simple is a good way to start. Find some simple ways to add things you see you're lacking. For example, I do like eggs for breakfast and I also miss my protein intake by a significant amount, so I tried adding some shredded chicken and black beans to a couple of scrambled cheesey eggs and saw how much it helped (it was also yummy and simple). So I spent a couple of hours cooking a pot of beans and shredding a package of chicken breasts. I portion them out in snack bags and freeze them in large freezer bags. Now I can just thaw a couple in the fridge while I sleep and quickly toss them in my eggs in the morning. A couple of hours in food prep for a couple of weeks worth of simplicity is a fair trade to me. Try finding ways to simplify the process, not just the ingredients.

One day at a time!
  • johndu41
    johndu41 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    adubay26 wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

Very new to the discussion portion of this.. I didn’t realized it existed. I do need to lose weight, but I’m the type to buy a bunch of healthy food, and then watch it rot in the fridge.

One day at a time!

Hey, this is me!! Would be happy to add you
  • Schlossertim
    Schlossertim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I've found that for me the change is the mindset and the rest comes pretty easy. One big change I've made that seems to be helping me is exercising in the morning before I go to work. If I start out on the right track it's easier to stay with it. Best of luck.
  • Wingsont84
    Wingsont84 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I find making a soup with broth and frying up onions and zucchini, mushrooms, and put it all in the broth and letting is slimmer for a hour and then add spinach and rice near the end thicken it up.

I use my favorite spices and also fry turkey grounds and last for a few days in fridge.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    What worked well for me was making one small change at a time, be it a food or a habit eventually it becomes a lifestyle and you don't even think about it.
  • adubay26
    Options
    Okay guys my update today!

Had some eggs for breakfast and an avacado.

Left over salmon from yesterday with some raspberries.. dinner not so sure yet.

Thinking I’m going to try eating fruit every time I want some ice cream.... gives me SOME sugar that I love, but it’s a little better than the alternative. Haha

P.s. I threw away a head of lettuce this morning that was rotten....