CMA's last night and the haters

Options
thatdesertgirl777
thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
Ahhh they were SO good. Had to post about it on my account. Cept it seems like most of my friends are country HATERS. :o lol. I mean how can anyone on God's green earth not LOVE this song?!?! [url="http://"][/url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8V1XOI-14

I also LOVED Carrie Underwood's performance as well. I mean, really she makes most others look like amateurs.

What parts of the show did you guys like?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I like country, but I'm not a big fan of where country is right now for the most part.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Does CMA mean Complete My Album? If so does that mean we can post songs we like here?
  • thatdesertgirl777
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I like country, but I'm not a big fan of where country is right now for the most part.

I can understand that.. Last night was cool though because they had some of the older artists perform their classics with current artists. I just REALLY enjoyed the show and was hoping I could find someone else to geek out over it with me :)
  • WhisperingNighthawk
    WhisperingNighthawk Posts: 138 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Don't hold me to it, but I think most of MFP are country haters too!

But I'm not! I loved all of the performances! My favorites: Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

I can understand that.. Last night was cool though because they had some of the older artists perform their classics with current artists. I just REALLY enjoyed the show and was hoping I could find someone else to geek out over it with me :)

I forgot that it was on and we were out for dinner and drinks for my wife's birthday.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    The song was ok, but what did that video have to do with anything? The song? Country?
    I'm a country music fan, but didn't watch CMAs.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    The defniition of 'country music' is different for a lot of people.
  • thatdesertgirl777
    Options
    Don't hold me to it, but I think most of MFP are country haters too!

But I'm not! I loved all is the performances! My favorites: Luke Bryan and Thomas Rhett

yes!!! I'm seeing Luke Bryan with my daughter this summer we are SO DANG excited!! I splurged a little for 3rd row :o
  • RomaineCalm
    RomaineCalm Posts: 3,972 Member
    Options
    I caught the latter part of it. I really enjoy Thomas Rhett and it was good to see Reba. She looks fantastic at 63. I loved that she wore that dress from 25 years ago, still looked great. Carrie is gorgeous and I loved the dress she was in as well.
  • teressalogan
    teressalogan Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I thought the show was fantastic!
  • thatdesertgirl777
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Does CMA mean Complete My Album? If so does that mean we can post songs we like here?

yes you may........ if its country :p

giphy.gif
  • optionsguy88
    optionsguy88 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    What I didn’t understand was the whole Carrie Underwood face thing. Seems like she made a bigger deal out of it than what it really was.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Options
    Ahhh they were SO good. Had to post about it on my account. Cept it seems like most of my friends are country HATERS. :o lol. I mean how can anyone on God's green earth not LOVE this song?!?! [url="http://"][/url]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8V1XOI-14

I also LOVED Carrie Underwood's performance as well. I mean, really she makes most others look like amateurs.

What parts of the show did you guys like?

I liked the dress that gal was wearing during that duet. And the video screen of the beach, with the rocks during the duet. As far as the real/fake rock stage props... I kept waiting for Sigmund The Sea Monster, or James T Kirk, to pop out from behind those. :) I also liked how my husband did his best impression, of the country artists that he's helped.
  • thatdesertgirl777
    Options
    What I didn’t understand was the whole Carrie Underwood face thing. Seems like she made a bigger deal out of it than what it really was.
    I saw nothing on her face, but she could have had some constructive work or laser for all we know. Plus make-up artists are amazing nowadays too. I guess we can put to rest the idea about her being very pregnant like the tabloids were saying.
  • WhisperingNighthawk
    WhisperingNighthawk Posts: 138 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think that Carrie was clearly very emotional about it being her first performance since her accident. The glittery makeup under her eyes may have been to distract from her chin and jaw injury. The cameras never got too close to her. To me she seemed clearly self conscious and emotional about the whole thing. When she came out with Keith Urban it was very evident. I wish her so much love and hope she overcomes these feelings. She's an amazing person and performer! <3

eta: I've been to her concert. She is awesome!
  • thatdesertgirl777
    Options
    I think that Carrie was clearly very emotional about it being her first performance since her accident. The glittery makeup under her eyes may have been to distract from her chin and jaw injury. The cameras never got too close to her. To me she seemed clearly self conscious and emotional about the whole thing. When she came out with Keith Urban it was very evident. I wish her so much love and hope she overcomes these feelings. She's an amazing person and performer! <3

eta: I've been to her concert. She is awesome!

I saw her once when she came to town. Kelly Clarkson was also amazing as I'm sure you can imagine!
  • Mjones23456
    Mjones23456 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I loved the show! Carrie has always been one of my faves as well as Keith Urban, Luke Bryan oh and all of them!!
  • rowlandsw
    rowlandsw Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    Sadly modern country is halfway to being pop and rap at this point, much like rock it's suffered because of bands that all sound a like.
  • mybassfishingirl
    mybassfishingirl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I love country music, always have, always will...this was one of the best shows I've seen, I love Carrie Underwood, my ringtone is her song BLOWN AWAY..., and Luke Bryan sang his new song called I BELEIVE ALL PEOPLE ARE GOOD... hope it makes #1..