Any petite women success stories?!?

Options
13»

Replies

• laurap9441
    laurap9441 Posts: 0 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5 f 3 in and currently weigh 140lbs. I would like to get down to 126 lbs, well ideally 119 however I'd be happy at 126 lbs. I only started a few days ago. I've been very strict with myself food wise eating a lot of fruit salad and veg. Also been eating chicken fish and eggs. I haven't been snacking and am drinking a lot of water and diet coke! I haven't been exercising as such although yesterday I started the 30 day squat challenge and from Monday I will be going out walking for hopefully up to an hour. I'm not big on exercise to be honest, I have four children and my youngest is 19 months. I still don't get much sleep and to be honest I just don't have the time and energy.
  • theknitpicker
    theknitpicker Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    No pic yet - but I'm 5ft, and I've managed to get rid of just about 15lbs in the last 6 months (and even better 3.35" off my waist!). Halfway there! While its (unfortunately) a painfully slow process for us shorties, stick with it! The process does work :)
  • aklrn
    aklrn Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    5'1", started at 140 lbs, now 124lbs after 215 days or so of tracking food and lifting.
  • ishafra
    ishafra Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    i'm 4'11 and i used to weigh 140lbs now im 114. All i did was -
    i restricted my calories. (up to 900 but heard it isnt healthy so increased it upto 1200 gradually)
    did at-home-workouts by fitnessblender.com (HIIT, cardio and pilates/yoga throughout the week)
    started drinking 3l of water everyday
    switched my coffee with green/ginger tea
    i had to cut a lot of carbs cause' culturally, the place i'm from, the diet depends mostly on carbs (mostly rice). it was difficult but worth it.
    started lifting (not much. mostly upto 10lbs for now, cause im scared of being bulky. i maybe wrong but :# )
    i still maintain 1200 calories. i dont starve. im quite full after all my meals. i do cheat but not very often. sticking to healthy food was an eye-opener.
    seems soo unfair that the taller girls eat way more than me and stay in great shape but pheww i guess you gotta accept what you are given and give your one hundred percent.
    hope this helps
  • Everyonelies
    Everyonelies Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" ( claiming 5'2"). Started at 175lbs in January and today I'm 143lbs. I definitely noticed my rate of lose has slowed as expected since I'm petite and getting closer to my goal. I continue to lose inches which is more important to me. My initial goal is 135 and my vanity goal is 125. My birthday is in the summer. I have 6 months to achieve my goal. The 3 things working for me: counting calories/accurately keeping track of my intake using a food scale, walking and counting steps and being consistent with both. I'm also going to start resistance training in January, nothing intense just focusing on my abs and arms. These are my measurements so far.
    4tafacg4uggr.png

@MrsPinterest34 I am intrigued by something...on your chart I can see your bust got smaller but your cup went up...was this natural? I am 5'2.5 (claiming 5'3) and even though I still have a lot to lose, I have a bigger chest, which, unfortunately, is more on the sagging side. I would love to keep the cup size while still losing weight...any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

• MrsPinterest34
    MrsPinterest34 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    5'1.5" ( claiming 5'2"). Started at 175lbs in January and today I'm 143lbs. I definitely noticed my rate of lose has slowed as expected since I'm petite and getting closer to my goal. I continue to lose inches which is more important to me. My initial goal is 135 and my vanity goal is 125. My birthday is in the summer. I have 6 months to achieve my goal. The 3 things working for me: counting calories/accurately keeping track of my intake using a food scale, walking and counting steps and being consistent with both. I'm also going to start resistance training in January, nothing intense just focusing on my abs and arms. These are my measurements so far.
    4tafacg4uggr.png

@MrsPinterest34 I am intrigued by something...on your chart I can see your bust got smaller but your cup went up...was this natural? I am 5'2.5 (claiming 5'3) and even though I still have a lot to lose, I have a bigger chest, which, unfortunately, is more on the sagging side. I would love to keep the cup size while still losing weight...any tips would be greatly appreciated!!

I think whether or not you keep your cup size while losing is based on genetics. When I started losing weight my bust measurement at fullest point was 36inches. As of today I’m 33-33.5 inches and my under bust is 27/28in I have very broad shoulders that extend to my upper chest and armpits. So it may look as if my cup size increased but it didn’t. My breast has reduced significantly. But because of my wide upper chest the bra band size that fits me is a 32D. Actually if there was a 32.5D bra size that would fit even better. I doubt I’ll ever reduce below a 32D because I see/feel my ribs. Also my siblings have small busts. It’s a family thing.
  • ravenwcatz
    ravenwcatz Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    More like “work in progress” here. 5’3”, HW 153, CW... fluctuating daily between 145.2-147.2.

10 years ago, I revenge lost a fifth of my body weight (from 142-120) because my ex casually mentioned that I looked fat. Since then, a bunch of life happened, as life tends to do, and so now I’m back on the horse, as it were.

I am a dancer, and have been for about 7 years, so my weight is distributed much differently than when I was 20 and alternating undereating with huge amounts of cycling, so I don’t think I want to be 120 again, but I’d like to see 125-130 to see what that feels like.

I’m also clinically depressed, so doing long-term projects like consistent exercise and eating healthy is tough. I usually make it about a month and then backslide. But I guess I did it once, right? I’m at about 6 weeks right now, and the lack of progress over the last 2ish is killing me.

If anyone wants to friend me, feel free! I’m great at cheerleading for other people, not so much for myself. :p
  • jenni0605
    jenni0605 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11, and have lost close to 80 pounds over the last two years, starting at 234 and right now I'm at 155. I still have 30 to go to reach my goal, but I agree with others on here, you have to make sure to remember to watch the calories and keep moving some way. I love Zumba and any kind of dance video. It has been slow go for me too, but just stick with it!
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11.5"

I started out at around 150lbs, after my first baby. I like to be muscular, so my ideal maintenance weight is about 115, which I've hit twice, in between pregnancies (I'm 30 weeks along with my third right now). For reference, I was 108lbs in my current profile pic, after a 15 week prep cut for a show.

I lift heavy weights, track my calories every day (5 years running) get cardio in at least 3 times a week, and make sure I get plenty of protein.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I'm 5'0" tall and 140 lbs and trying to get to 120 lbs again although 115 would be ideal. Less than 115 lbs and I stop menstruating. At 115 lbs, everything fit well and I could fit a size 4 easily. My room for error with calories is very low so I'm using a food scale.
  • Bellavita31
    Bellavita31 Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm 5'2 currently 121 pound's but I was almost 160.. Started doing water aerobics and I lost 20 pounds then I started lifting weights and watched what I eat and lost another 20..
  • sugarnspice0613
    sugarnspice0613 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    4tafacg4uggr.png

It’s possible. The way your cup size is determined is by the number of inches between your fullest part and your rib cage so you can still lose inches in both areas and have the same cup size as before. I lost more inches around my rib cage than my breasts so I actually went up a couple of cup sizes.

• Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    5'2 HW 186 CW 170 GW 130ish. not a success story yet, a few years ago I did lose 50lbs or so and then gained a lot of that back. Such a shame. So here I am again. Been at it for 2 weeks now and down 4 lbs. Doing cardio 3 days a week and just started strength training 3 days a week. I also make sure I get my 10k steps everyday no matter what.

Side note I also quit smoking 2 weeks ago so the exercise is definitely helping me with my cravings.
  • roxylola
    roxylola Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    MISSNYA92 wrote: »
    I’m 5’4 164lbs. My goal is 140. I’m not a “success” yet, but definitely a work in progress. Being pear shaped, I carry most of my weight in my thighs/butt, but recently I’ve developed a belly too! It’s not displeasing aesthetically, but I can feel when I’m not healthy. Also, I don’t want to deal with the same health issues my family struggles with, so I’m trying to get into a habit of identifying proper serving sizes and understanding when I’m full as well as how to know what my body needs and when.

trskp7datbtc.jpeg
    m2n2wcd8rjp5.jpeg
    6bseqk8eqy27.jpeg
    cdvi0p49ks38.jpeg
    8e5sz7nrd3di.jpeg

You have the prettiest smile! I just always look slightly dissatisfied on photos :D

Also, 5'3" around 140 now and working on just tightening it all back up again a bit, no real goal weight in mind more interested in seeing a bit of muscle tone again than the number on the scale. My usual to go hard at the gym but I had to give up my membership due to lack of time and money so I need to find a way to make hiit count and drop the snacks a bit :s
  • Tattooedmom44
    Tattooedmom44 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    r248dnzymmdb.jpeg
    I’m 5”3’ with an extremely small frame.
    I’m currently sitting at 115 pounds.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!