New returning member.

Options
Hey all! I am looking for friends to help motivate me! I need to lose a whole bunch of weight! I however have a servere addiction to soda! I can't seem to kick the habit. I will do good for a week get stressed and get back on it. Help!

Replies

• Bintzie
    Bintzie Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Have you tried flavored sparkling waters? You can also make your own Italian sodas with sugar free syrup and club soda.
  • braydenjesse11
    braydenjesse11 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes I use the wylers lite. The strawberry lemonade is the best! Idk it's just something about the carbonation and flavor. I am forcing myself to drink water at this very moment
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with 'lite' or sugar-free sparkling waters. Even the heavy sugared ones are safe enough for most people to include. All you need do is account for the calories.

Of course, it's socially alarming to say that heavy sugared drinks are any kind of safe. I know that. It's simply that once a sane person accounts for the calories in syrup, they quit drinking it.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    It was a hard two weeks but cutting back never worked for me. Just a few tastes and I would suck myself backing into the taste for them. For four years now it has be mainly water but some coffee and tea but without any form of added sweeteners. I typically do add half and half to my coffee which is naturally very low in sugar.

We all seem to have to find our own way in these cases and to be told "Just Do It" never helped in my case. I was 63 with health failing fast so I knew I had to make it happen before I lost more ground health wise.

Best of success.