Constructive advice, please...

Options
abyt42
abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
I'm gaining. My diary's open and honest. (But please don't be mean.)

Replies

• natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Eat back your exercise calories!!! Your body is storing fat. Eating more (to your daily goal) will give your body what it needs to burn fat and lose the weight.

Best of luck!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I only went back a few days, but first glance...eat more! Your net calories is below 1000 most days. You need to feed your body so it feels confident that you'll continue to feed it & won't hold on to every ounce that it can!!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Would like to say first your kids are ADORABLE lol. I think you aren't eating enough calories. Usually 1200 isn't enough for anyone to lose. I tried it and hit a wall after I added about 200 I'm losing almost 3 pounds a week. Didn't get to look too in depth but if you aren't exercising that's key. I didn't start exercising until month 3 after I lost 15 pounds because honestly I was still too lazy lol. Anyway your food looks very healthy! Make sure breakfast is the largest (I'm still trying to do that lol) maybe add more veggies and a bit of fruit.
    Good luck and awesome job =]
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I only glanced through a couple days - but I noticed you aren't even close to your calorie goal most days. You MUST eat to lose. When you don't eat enough, your body doesn't get enough fuel. Not enough fuel = no weight loss. I know it sounds counterproductive, but it works.

Also, watch your sodium - you were over quite a few days. Some people respond negatively to too much sodium - keep an eye on that too. :)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question, your exercise diary said you ran a 5.5 minute mile for 40 minutes, Just want to make sure thats correct because a 5.5 minute mile is awesome and hard to do for 40 straight minutes. If you did that then thats awesome but if you didn't you might want to look at that maybe you aren't burning as many calories as mfp is clocking you at.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I think you've met The dreaded plateau.

Try re-evaluating on MFP. You're closer to your goal weight, so you should only aim to lose .5 lbs/week. Start upping your calories a bit until you see a difference. and make sure you net 1200-1400 *at least.*

Good Luck.
  • WiiFitFan
    WiiFitFan Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I noticed that you are not tracking your sugar or your fat. I would suggest eating a little "cleaner". No artificial sweeteners, less bread and sugar, and replace butter with olive oil. Eat more vegetables and fruit. Just eating healthier, basically. You can do this! We are all trying to be healthier for a long life so making good food choices has to be a way of life. Sets a good example for the kids, too.
  • crazyears
    Options
    Could be your sodium, even though it does not contain calories it will cause you to retain water which could throw off your weigh ins.
    For me your calorie intake looks good, I really struggle to eat my exercise calories and it does not seem to be able problem for me.

GOOD LUCK!!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Just a quick question, your exercise diary said you ran a 5.5 minute mile for 40 minutes, Just want to make sure thats correct because a 5.5 minute mile is awesome and hard to do for 40 straight minutes. If you did that then thats awesome but if you didn't you might want to look at that maybe you aren't burning as many calories as mfp is clocking you at.

I typically run 6.0 MPH for an hour (or I did before I got pregnant) so that's not impossible to do at 5.5 MPH.

To the OP - Too many carbs, not enough protein, and too few calories for someone that is doing as much cardio as you are.
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I think you've met The dreaded plateau.

Try re-evaluating on MFP. You're closer to your goal weight, so you should only aim to lose .5 lbs/week. Start upping your calories a bit until you see a difference. and make sure you net 1200-1400 *at least.*

Good Luck.

I'm with you. Bump your calories up to 1400 + (exercise calories) for a month and see what happens. Per my calcs you should drop about 2 pounds in 4 weeks.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

I typically run 6.0 MPH for an hour (or I did before I got pregnant) so that's not impossible to do at 5.5 MPH.

To the OP - Too many carbs, not enough protein, and too few calories for someone that is doing as much cardio as you are.

5.5 MPH is not the same as a 5.5 minute mile a 5.5 minute mile would be 10.9 MPH. When I run 5K's I run at 8.0 MPH which is only a 7.5 minute mile. I think the OP has MPH and Minutes per mile mixed up, and is therefore over estimating calories burned. If that is the case than in 40 minutes she would have run 7.27 Miles (11.6k) not likely that would be a pace of 17:10 for a 5K.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options

5.5 minute mile not 5.5mph
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Basically ditto to the other posters. You need to eat more. If you are now a size 6, you are at or close to your goal weight. Change your goal to 1/2 a pound and eat back half your exercise calories. You may gain slightly at first because your body will be THRILLED it is being fueled, but you will lose that and probably start losing again afterwards. Keep carbs in check...more veg/fruit...maybe a bigger breakfast? Good work over all!
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You're not tracking protein? For me, proper eating begins and ends with two things... meeting your calories and meeting your protein.
  • abyt42
    Options
    Thank you all. I'm not worried about my sodium (I'm over, but I've manually set it to 1500: usually still under 2000 per day), and have fixed the error in my 5.5 mph/minute mile day.

I've got some ideas to play with now.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would personally add a lot more protein.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    I would personally add a lot more protein.
  • abyt42
    Options
    Would like to say first your kids are ADORABLE lol.

Thank you! (I think so, too, but that's my job.)
  • kkjar03
    kkjar03 Posts: 3
    Options
    Need some help ladies!!!! I am on a Low to No Carb. diet. Ideal Protein. And I need to take in more calories, but I can't figure out how to go about it....I can't have any carbs...I am logging in 800-900 calories a day. Any suggestions how what I can do????
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I only went back a few days, but first glance...eat more! Your net calories is below 1000 most days. You need to feed your body so it feels confident that you'll continue to feed it & won't hold on to every ounce that it can!!

I agree!!! If your body thinks that is you are going to keep starving it (less than 1200 cals) then it is going to hold on to everthing that it can!