Log for weight lifting

Options
Does anyone know of a good log to use to track your weight lifting workouts ?

Replies

• CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I used Jefit for a while, before I got lazy and went back to pen and paper. No complaints with the app, though, it did what I wanted.
  • temazur
    temazur Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use WorkIt, I like it. It's flexible, you can email back ups to yourself so you don't lose progress info to phone mishaps. It's free unless you want extra features.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    notebook-and-pen.jpg

I've found any app I've used for that to be tedious.
  • kami3006
    kami3006 Posts: 4,978 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I also prefer pen and paper. I've tried a few apps but find paper much faster and it's easier for me to get a picture of what I've been doing when I look at it written out rather than reading it on a screen.

edited for clarity.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I use Fitnotes. I go back and try pen and paper once in awhile but I like the calculator and rest timer in Fitnotes.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    notebook-and-pen.jpg

Serious question/nitpick.

Do you prefer spiral or folio bound?
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    notebook-and-pen.jpg

Serious question/nitpick.

Do you prefer spiral or folio bound?

folio bound
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,145 Member
    Options
    I prepare my workout of the day and for the week in a Excel spreadsheet, and I make changes and notations as I do my exercises, such as reps, weights. etc.
    Every weekend I update what I did at the gym and I also prepare the new workbook for the following week. I prefer that to any app. I have a folder with the different programs that I used and with my progress. Easy to find and I can go back to it, if I need or want.
  • norcalskater
    norcalskater Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I like the app "Strong." Lets you set up your workouts with the exercises or lifts plus the weight you are using. After you finish each set you add the weight and reps then it starts a rest clock for you. You can set this timer as anything you want. After the workout it logs it for you and lets you take a progress photo if you want.
  • annkimr
    annkimr Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I use a spreadsheet. I made it in Google, so I can get to it anywhere.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Same. I'm all about the pen and paper (spiral bound, by the way). I tried JeFit, Strong, and a couple others I don't even remember - they were all tedious to me and didn't offer the flexibility or convenience of a regular old notebook.