Off & On Headaches & dizziness!?

Options
started yesterday I woke up to a throbbing headache and when i get out of bed i feel all dizzy and weird like i have to stand there for a minute just to get my vision back and then it goes away and then back like every other hour of the day and same all day today... i'm eating all my cals as usual .. not starving, not skipping meals, drinking my daily cup of coffee !? what is going on!? also had a rest day to see if this would let up and it hasnt... anyone else experiencithe headache and dizziness randomly !? any suggestions!?

Replies

• MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    My allergies kicked in Monday this last week and this is how I feel - low key sick with low energy and dizziness, congestion, add the dry air and it's pretty miserable. How are your sinuses? Or you could just have a cold or have needed to eat more the last few days.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I have had this issue a few years back and it was related to low blood pressure. Definitely see a doctor. And stay well hydrated.
  • Silinde
    Silinde Posts: 44 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sugar levels? Blood oxygen saturation levels (related to e.g. exercise)? -> See a doctor. :)
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    best to see a doctor.
  • 1BlueAurora
    1BlueAurora Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Call your doctor. And have someone else drive you to your appointment since there's a chance you might experience these symptoms while driving.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Yeah, see a doctor. I was having similar episodes a few years ago, turned out to be a Vitamin C deficiency. Other vitamin deficiencies can cause those episodes, too. Or it could be allergies or a middle ear infection. Or hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).
  • ccsernica
    ccsernica Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Do not seek the advice of a bunch of strangers on the internet when it comes to your health. Yes, it might be something innocuous. We all hope it's that. But it might not be, and we can't tell from where we sit even if we were medical professionals.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    I did not mean to imply that the OP has a sinister or serious medical condition.
    But I also don't think anyone on the internet can say she does not.
    The right thing is to get evaluated.
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    I am really positive you don’t need to go to the doctor because This is a super common thing that happens to older adults in their 70s and 80s. The solution for them? Sit up and stand up slower :)

Have you looked at her avatar? She's not exactly elderly. JS.

• emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    I agree that it is classic orthostatic hypotension. And I agree that she needs to drink water to stay hydrated. There are a number of different underlying causes for orthostatc hypotension. I first experienced this in my early 20s and my doctor confirmed the diagnosis in his office after taking resting and standing blood pressures and ordering additional tests to make sure there wasn’t a contributing underlying condition causing it. I recommend she sees a doctor to confirm the same.