XBOX 360 kinect Fitness games

Options
Has anyone used and/or had any weight loss results from doing them? I have a kinect and I have ZUMBA and Active2. I did Active 2 and actually got sick - I know that sounds horrible. I haven't done it since. I got about half way through it and got sick couldn't breathe and then was so disappointed in myself because I couldn't "hang" with a video game. I do like Zumba though I'm a little confused on how to navigate through it. I love to dance though. Does the zumba game give you the same calorie burn and benefits as the videos or a zumba class?

Replies

• Kristy085
    Kristy085 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I love my Kinect! I use the Active2 all the time...I make my own workout with the routines that I like the most. There are some on that game that I just can't do like the side arm plank and such...too hard!

The Dance Central game is fun...it has a workout mode that tracts calories burned while you are dancing...by far, my favorite!
  • whodatgirl
    Options
    NOT ME I FOUND THEM BORING :] SLOW STARTING.LOL
  • janetj518
    Options
    Love all my Kinect games, but usually use the Dance Central for a workout warm-up. It even keeps track of the minutes you do thru the "workout" option and how many calories you have burned from movement. I have the Zumba too, but find it hard to follow but since I am liking the Dance Central, I have been thinking about giving Zumba another chance.
  • magicmaster85
    Options
    I would have to say yes the Zumba game burns just as much as a Zumba class. As long as you keep the pace and do the movements as best you can.
  • blueskyyz
    Options
    Thank you so much for your answers!! I think I will give Zumba another chance. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing it on carpet? I feel like my moves are hindered because of the carpet.
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your answers!! I think I will give Zumba another chance. Does anyone have any suggestions for doing it on carpet? I feel like my moves are hindered because of the carpet.

I have a Zumba game and I just play it with my socks on. If I wear tennis shoes then they get caught in the carpet and won't let me do slides or twists well, and if I am barefoot then I get carpet burn! I think socks work well though :)
  • Jenner22
    Jenner22 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have the Biggest Loser game for the Kinect. I freaking love it! I don't lose weight using it but it helps me to drop the inches. I have a bad lower back and I can do a lot of the work outs on there and actually work areas of my body that I can't at the gym. I have Zumba for it as well but oh dear lord that game gives me an anger fit since I can't actually keep up with the moves.