Marine Corps Marathon

Any MFP’ers doing MCM in October?

Thinking That we can support each other through training, talk about training plan etc

Replies

• mdlowrance
    mdlowrance Posts: 20 Member
    That marathon is in my bucket list, but not this year- I don’t have the time needed to commit to training in this stage of my life.
  • Ianultrarunner
    Ianultrarunner Posts: 184 Member
    Not this year. Went for Chicago instead for the first time. MCM is a great race though.
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    I am! It will be my first marathon. I'm so excited and terrified.
  • brookekaczor
    brookekaczor Posts: 59 Member
    I'm running it! I'm so excited!
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    It's on my bucket list!!
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member

it was my first too :) this is my third year doing it
  • deannalfisher
    farrellian wrote: »
    Not this year. Went for Chicago instead for the first time. MCM is a great race though.

debating that next year - or New York - but not sure
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member

Cool. What had you done before that? I am coming up on my 7th half marathon this weekend - started running 2 1/2 years ago from never having run before ever. The longest I've ever run is 14 miles.

I am a member of a running club and have a coach and lots of support so I feel mostly good about it. Just mentally so tough to think about running for so many hours at once...hard to imagine. I figure it's great to be in a race where some marines could drag me across the finish if needed :)

What is your training plan and when are you "officially" starting marathon training - or are you always training, maybe?
  • mandabeth34
    mandabeth34 Posts: 158 Member
    I’m doing the Marine Corps Historic Half next month down in Fredericksburg. Thinking about the MC 10k this year, it’ll be right before I run the Disney Wine and Dine Half. I did the MCM in 2016. Glad I checked it off my list!! I loved running it but half’s are more my speed
  • deannalfisher

Cool. What had you done before that? I am coming up on my 7th half marathon this weekend - started running 2 1/2 years ago from never having run before ever. The longest I've ever run is 14 miles.

I am a member of a running club and have a coach and lots of support so I feel mostly good about it. Just mentally so tough to think about running for so many hours at once...hard to imagine. I figure it's great to be in a race where some marines could drag me across the finish if needed :)

What is your training plan and when are you "officially" starting marathon training - or are you always training, maybe?

Several half ironman, 2 ironmen (I’m kind of weird/nuts)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

Several half ironman, 2 ironmen (I’m kind of weird/nuts)

Weird? Never..... :)