Tennis? Anyone tell me places I can find skirts without paying a whole lot?

Options
Ok, I’m starting tennis and I’d like to have a black skirt for tournaments and I cannot for the life of me find a black one under $70! Help!!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores near universities and/or private colleges. I know this might not work out depending on where you live & such...but I have found boatloads of really nice high-end athletic wear in these places.
  • RunsWithBees
    RunsWithBees Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    TJMaxx, Marshall’s and Ross are my go-to stores for cheap affordable workout clothes, I don’t play tennis but I’ve seen many cute tennis skirts/outfits there, well known name brands too, for about $20 and under. It’s kinda like a treasure hunt though because you never know what they’ll have in stock.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Marshall’s and TJMaxx are my go-to stores for tennis clothes. The selection can be hit or miss, but this time of year they usually have them in stock...typically in the $15 range.

I’ve also had some luck finding skirts on sale on Atheta’s website (or in store) although not as cheap as Marshall’s or TJs.

Academy Sports also carries inexpensive tennis skirts by their BCG house brand. Kohl’s sometimes carries Fila skirts (they may have more online). And I believe Target has some on their website (and occasionally in stores).

Tennis Warehouse and Tennis Express are two other online sources. They carry a vast array of products and you can search by price.
  • BethAnnieT
    BethAnnieT Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I got some great ones at Kohl's! The Fila brand, as mentioned above. I want to say I paid about $13 each for them, likely on sale. They were about 1/3 the price of the local "tennis/golf" store. Dick's Sporting Goods had ZERO tennis skirts.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    I was just at Sam's Club and they had some black tennis skirts.
  • misskris78
    misskris78 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I was in Target recently and noticed that they had some cute running skorts. They would work well for tennis, too.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Goodwill. It's a little hit and miss, but the hunt is half the fun!
  • AnnieLewandowski302
    AnnieLewandowski302 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If you don't mind secondhand, try ThredUp (https://www.thredup.com/) - an online consignment store. I just checked briefly and found a range from like $9 - $45. Good luck!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I noticed that Zulily had some on their website today.
  • jak0709
    jak0709 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Try Stein Mart.
  • jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    JcPenny has good sales all the time.
  • LJGettinSexy
    LJGettinSexy Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I purchased mine from Kohls.com, they should be pretty affordable, if not, then wait for them to go on sale.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Used from: ebay, poshmark, Tradesy