What is normal?

Options
activities1
activities1 Posts: 3,475 Member
What do you consider a normal sex life? How often a week is deemed “normal” when in a relationship.
Girls and guys.. be honest. Just curious your outlook

Replies

• calisthenicsfitboy
    calisthenicsfitboy Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    4 times in a week.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    It varies greatly depending on the length of the relationship and both of your libidos. As long as you both feel satisfied I'd say it is nothing to worry about, if one person wants more than the other, however, you might not be sexually compatible. It could be worth checking out levels for sex hormones if one of you have very low libido, it can sometimes be the cause.
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I think everybody has their own “normal”.

This
  • DreamAmalfi
    DreamAmalfi Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Normal is a setting on my deyer.
  • mikeandcris
    mikeandcris Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Normal = the amount of times both persons are satisfied with. If one partner is dissatisfied with frequency or quality, it needs to be communicated to the other. There is always a (good) chance that your partner wants the same frequency/quality but is embarrassed to ask.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Normal amount of sex for me and my dh has been different at different points in our 18 + years together.
    Amount of sex might vary week to week or month to month depending on factors beyond libido. Sometimes we are not happy about the amount. In March we only had sex twice. That really is not normal for us but involved a medical issue.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    I have been were it is a few times a day, several times a week, and where months go by with nearly an *kitten* pat. Welcome to the dynamic of life priorities.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options
    Been married 20+ years. Average has floated between 3 and 7 a week. Right now it's about 6, a higher time. Most of our marriage has been 5. Last year was 3.

Do you maintain a umm ‘spread’sheet? :grimace:
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,871 Member
    Options
    I don't think there is a normal.

My wife and I, it just depends on what the hell is going on in our lives, how tired we are, stress, etc. It's pretty variable.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    ...no need to rely on the spreading of sheets. ;)

Especially with so many other place to do it.

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I've been married for 16 years. It varies depending on what's going on in our lives at the time. Sometimes it's more than once a day, other times we might skip a week. It's usually at least a few times a week, though. We seem to be evenly matched in the libido department. We really like each other and want to please one another, so if either one of us is interested, it doesn't take much to get the other one on board. B)

If you're both happy with it, it doesn't matter how often you do it. Could be once a month if that's what you like.