being a size 8 feels a lot better than being a size 18 did.

One year ago, I was a size 18/20. I was around 254lbs. I snored, got winded walking up my driveway, breathed heavy, and was on blood pressure meds.
Today I'm 161. Most of my pants are a size 8 and I even have a few size 6s. I'm off blood pressure meds and don't snore.
I lost all of it with just a calorie deficit and trying to walk more, but by "more", I mostly mean that I try to get between 5000-10,000 steps in a day, since I have a long commute and a desk job.
I tried to stick to high protein, low carb - mostly because protein keeps me fuller longer, and carbs set off my sugar cravings.

My weight loss now has slowed down considerably. I'm losing around 2lbs per month, which is fine with me. :)
I'm 50 btw.

Replies

• confusedbytech
    confusedbytech Posts: 5 Member
    Well done! Sounds like you've really worked for it.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    One year ago, I was a size 18/20. I was around 254lbs. I snored, got winded walking up my driveway, breathed heavy, and was on blood pressure meds.
    Today I'm 161. Most of my pants are a size 8 and I even have a few size 6s. I'm off blood pressure meds and don't snore.
    I lost all of it with just a calorie deficit and trying to walk more, but by "more", I mostly mean that I try to get between 5000-10,000 steps in a day, since I have a long commute and a desk job.
    I tried to stick to high protein, low carb - mostly because protein keeps me fuller longer, and carbs set off my sugar cravings.

My weight loss now has slowed down considerably. I'm losing around 2lbs per month, which is fine with me. :)
    I'm 50 btw.

2 pounds per month is good. Once we get down to where we are less than 30 pounds from ideal weight ( whatever that is ) it slows down no matter what. I guess we could lose 2 pounds per week if we really deprived ourself....or ran a marathon a day.lol You weigh 161 now, from 254. That is amazing. And you are still losing!
  • kdbulger
    kdbulger Posts: 396 Member
    Great progress! I love your mindset about weight loss slowing down as well - it does slow down and you're wise to be okay with that.
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    kdbulger wrote: »
    Great progress! I love your mindset about weight loss slowing down as well - it does slow down and you're wise to be okay with that.

I agree. I catch myself getting mad because things are not going as fast as it did in the beginning. But then I realize that time is not important,progress is. I love to eat and drink and just knowing I can do this and still lose weight, that is amazing to me.
  • levinemr2
    levinemr2 Posts: 9 Member
    I just started and am 213, so thank you for writing this. It really helps me understand that I really can do it!
  • bobshuckleberry
    bobshuckleberry Posts: 281 Member
    Great job, it does feel great and a lot of times when we reach our 40's and older we think we cannot change anything. We can.
  • ladybug4233
    ladybug4233 Posts: 217 Member
    Great Job! Keep up the good work!!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    Kst76 wrote: »
    kdbulger wrote: »

I agree. I catch myself getting mad because things are not going as fast as it did in the beginning. But then I realize that time is not important,progress is. I love to eat and drink and just knowing I can do this and still lose weight, that is amazing to me.

I absolutely LOVE this sentence and couldn't agree more - progress, no matter how slow, is still progress! GREAT job with your accomplishments!
  • chesves
    chesves Posts: 224 Member
    levinemr2 wrote: »
    I just started and am 213, so thank you for writing this. It really helps me understand that I really can do it!

You CAN do it!
  • cparsons_60
    cparsons_60 Posts: 95 Member
    I am also 50 and recently went from 14's or 16's to an 8 or ten. I was 206 pounds and now 169. These pics are a year ago and last Saturday.
    5u6l06ju6j2f.jpg
    Looks as though you got married last Saturday? Congratulations!