New to this!!

Options
So as I said above I am new to this. I've been a big guy most of my life and even though I've lost weight in the pass it's becoming harder to stay motivated. I realize I want to be here for my kids when they get older so it's time to do something, not to mention this is the biggest I've been in my life. Being Hispanic and giving up a lot of that food will be the hardest especially rice. Positive vibes and encouragement is welcomed. First time using the app so I have no idea how to add people .... lol.

You all have a wonderful day

Replies

• JenniferBennett3
    JenniferBennett3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I started with this app a year ago and it has made a big difference in how healthy I eat. You are off to an excellent start :)
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Why are you giving up rice?
  • biglue2016
    biglue2016 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @JenniferBennett3 thank you for being positive
  • biglue2016
    Options
    @concordancia isn't it bad when dieting?
  • haylosayello
    haylosayello Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I’m joining for the same thing, this is the most motivated I’ve ever been to lose and weight and be more active so here’s hoping! I don’t know how to add any either help?! Haha.
  • JenniferBennett3
    JenniferBennett3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I still eat rice a lot of the time because it is affordable, but I make sure to measure the amount so it is only a serving. That was one of the biggest things I learned tracking food, measuring what I eat. My idea of portions was way out of whack!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    biglue2016 wrote: »
    @concordancia isn't it bad when dieting?

Too much of anything is bad, but there is no reason to give up moderate amounts of rice, tortillas, or anything else. So, not a plateful of rice everyday, but maybe a half cup twice a week. It really depends on your calorie goals and what else you are eating.
  • kristiwhite9841
    kristiwhite9841 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Im new to this as well. Needing some ideas of exercises I can add to my existing workout. I have had 2 back surgeries so Im limited. I walk on the treadmill and use the elliptical machine everyday but Im sure I could do more. Welcome any ideas.
  • biglue2016
    Options
    @concordancia gotcha, I will be mixing and matching stuff cause I can't do the same stuff every day. Thanks
  • biglue2016
    Options
    @JenniferBennett3 I'm trying to use the app to keep me in line. Is it true brown is better than white?
  • biglue2016
    Options
    @kristiwhite9841 welcome to you too
  • biglue2016
    Options
    Can anyone tell me how the steps thing works on the app? If I put it on will it count the steps I take a day?