I need accountabilabuddies!

Options
Please! Help me stay active in this community, I need people that will help keep me honest and push me to my goal. I’m currently 6’6 and 315lbs, the lowest weight I’ve ever recorded was 242. I felt great then. My goal weight is 255lbs and I want to keep it there. I know I can do it, I know what I looked like then was jaw dropping, but I let myself go. Please anyone willing to help me out I’ll do the same.

Replies

• Xia21
    Xia21 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I've been lazy so far this year and I'm ready to make another lifestyle change. My problem is consistency. I want to lift 5 days a week , and I figure that I could have a few ppl that I check in with to help me build the habit.
  • jconnell887
    jconnell887 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in. Add me as a friend. I asked my wife to get me an entrance into Twin Cities Marathon for Christmas. Like Jelly of the Month, it's a gift that keeps giving the year through. I'm currently at 265 or so. We're experiencing a late winter in MN so my training is a little light.

Goals are to enjoy the journey.
    Get to the start line healthy.
    Finish.
    Finish while the course is still open.
    Finish in under 5 hours.

Marathon is in October, but it will be here before you know it. I will be consistent with workouts and my food log is public. I haven't been logging much lately, but lets get after it. I'm not asking you to do the mileage with me or even to run. Just be consistent with what you do be it lifting, cardio, etc.

Thanks,

Jim
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I sent an invite to all in this feed. I have been up and down all year and settled around the 235 mark. This winter in MN is killing me. We can do this and meet our mark! Any chance you guys have a Garmin vivoactiveHR?
  • Robert0VW
    Robert0VW Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the adds, keep em coming!
  • hipari
    hipari Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Added everybody in the feed. Anybody else coming here, add me as well!

I'm currently at 205lbs/93.1kgs, working to bust my way through to under 200lbs and 90kgs, long-term goal at under 80kg. I'm good at giving rational advice and cheering people on, but I can't do that to myself. Rationally, I'm all about consistency and making lifelong habits, but I was still upset this morning having only lost 0.1kg in a week. My diary is closed, but I don't think a list of random Finnish words for foods would be very enlightening to anyone.
  • dina_os
    dina_os Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Count me in, i want to lose 12kgs (26lbs) it just doesn’t want to lose me
  • fattofitfrankly
    fattofitfrankly Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey y’all,

I’m down for some friends for motivation and accountability. I’m working hard to make this the last time I start. I’m currently around 280 (lost about 10 lbs in last 2 weeks) with the goal of getting under 200. It’s a long term goal so I don’t have a date to accomplish but I could definitely use the help. I keep my diary open to help with that. Look forward to meeting y’all!

Oh, my name is Frank, I’m 28 (turning 29 in May).
  • SouthernMamaUnderConsruction
    Options
    What type of diet/ food choices/ exercises are you into?
  • Joy_n_Almonds
    Joy_n_Almonds Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey, I am looking for an accountability buddy as well. Looking for weekly and maybe some daily check ins? Female 5'4" 40 lbs to loose. Exercise 3-4 times a week but looking to incorporate weights. Goal is mainly to eat less processed foods. I'm a vegetarian and drawn to junk food. Are we checking in here or thru DM?
  • sarahthebunny
    sarahthebunny Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! I also need buddies to keep me motivated. I've got a long journey to go!
  • veronicahendricks3568
    Options
    Hi, there trying this again for like the 10th time. Feeling unmotivated. I logged today....first step.
  • jrobmeds2543
    jrobmeds2543 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just joined today been gaining steady since Dec lost my mom last year and have gained so much at 233 right now lowest was 165 wanna get to 180 it’s so hard especially when food is your stress relief.
  • Sfeola
    Sfeola Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Been here back and forth and it may be my lack of friends keeping me here regularly, so feel free to add me
  • steplaj
    steplaj Posts: 586 Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey y’all,

I’m down for some friends for motivation and accountability. I’m working hard to make this the last time I start. I’m currently around 280 (lost about 10 lbs in last 2 weeks) with the goal of getting under 200. It’s a long term goal so I don’t have a date to accomplish but I could definitely use the help. I keep my diary open to help with that. Look forward to meeting y’all!

Oh, my name is Frank, I’m 28 (turning 29 in May).

You can add me too! I also need buddies to keep me motivated. I've got a long journey to go!

You should check out and join the group Fat2Fit - Weight Loss Challenge. This is an awesome group and you will make lots of buddies. It is also a great place to get your focus and stay focused. Check it out, you'll like it!

Link to the group: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat2fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group

• LifesMine
    LifesMine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!! New to the community thing on here. Been on a journey since last July. I have 92lbs more to lose. Would love some friends that want to keep in contact closely and encourage each other one. With such a large community of people it may get lost. Let me if interested. Good luck everyone. Each of you are amazing and each day is new!!
  • LifesMine
    LifesMine Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Not sure how to add u since I’m new to this but would love to encourage each other on if interested!!
    Sfeola wrote: »
    Been here back and forth and it may be my lack of friends keeping me here regularly, so feel free to add me

• julestar777
    julestar777 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Yes yes yes and more yes!! I am getting married in March 2019 need to lose 30kg/60lbs. Having to look after 6 and 5 year old makes me need sugar!!
  • confusionmaven
    confusionmaven Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Anyone can friend me as well. I'm here everyday.
    I'm 43, female, 5'10"
    SW 334
    CW 246.6
    GW 174

The more buddies, the better, imo.
  • twiceispretty
    twiceispretty Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too! I'm female, 53kg, looking to reach 47kg by mid June. Are we talking through DM? :)
  • almostADORNO
    almostADORNO Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I’ve sent a bunch of invites out. Lots to lose on my part but always looking to add new faces! Feel free to add me - open diary and goals :)