Need of motivation and support, plus ideas and tips.

Options
So basically put, I decided to lose weight a week ago because I went to a anime convention and decided to do cosplay for the first time. To the people that never have heard of this, basically anime is Japanese cartoons and cosplay is basically dressing up as a character.

So here I am, excited to dress as my characters and I start to falter my confidence, because others look so amazing and I look so floopy. And then there's this big professional cosplayer named Leon Chiro, very handsome man and completely fit. I thought he was either younger than me or older, but alas, he's my age. That's when it hit me, how come he can look good at this age and I look like a potato? A cute potato, but I want to look better and feel better. So I then decided to lose weight, and have been working out for the past 2 weeks, already losing a pound last week.

Any ideas, tips and motivation would help! I don't hate myself, I think I'm a great person and beautiful inside and out, but I want to look good too.

Replies

• SMorris1970
    SMorris1970 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love cosplay! Ive never done it but I love it lol. Good luck on your journey!
  • primalpam
    primalpam Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    My 10 year old son loves anime. :smile: Weight loss is 80% diet....I know, everyone says that but it's actually true! So, going to the gym is awesome! But I would put an even higher focus on your nutrition.
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    If you're losing a pound a week, that's a fantastic start!

the easiest thing you can do for your diet is cut out all sugary beverages, even diet beverages. Stick to water. After that, abstain from deserts, and then decide if you want to try a keto diet, mediterranean, vegetarian or go with a CICO plan. Different things work for different folks, but all the plans recommend cutting back on sugar and fake sugar.

You may be able to find a gym or martial arts studio that caters to cosplayers - the studio I go to started as a 'swords play' workshop and classes are kinda empty when the comics convention comes around.